Avengers E-Ticket Attraction (DCA) | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers E-Ticket Attraction (DCA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
An actual on ride POV of Peter Pan TDS dropped. I shared this POV on the TDR thread proper, but am doing it here as well as the Avengers E ticket will be using the same ride system as Pan.

The ride looks really good.....if it opened in 2013. With all of the over-saturation of screenz and simulatorz, it looks....fine.

Man I really hope that Avengers ride is more souped up than this. Avengers really n eeds some good AAs and practical effects to sell it.

The ride looks really good.....if it opened in 2013. With all of the over-saturation of screenz and simulatorz, it looks....fine.

Man I really hope that Avengers ride is more souped up than this. Avengers really n eeds some good AAs and practical effects to sell it.
Disney repurposes ride systems all the time. Test Track and RSR are prime examples. and RSR is regarded as the superior ride to Test Track. I'll also throw in MMRR and Zootopia at SDL. Zootopia is superior to MMRR because it relies far more on practical sets than the heavily projection mapped MMRR. So there is hope the Avengers E ticket will be superior to Pan.

Reactions: grlhowl and Freak
If Peter Pan Neverland Adventure was an answer to a scenic based screen Scoop--I think Avengers is gonna rely on it being a decade since TF opened.

Where do you go with a SCOOP system that hasn't been done already? I think that's the key that needs to be made to make sure it works in favor. If they do a Shanghai Pirates mixed with PPNA in animatronic and screen mixing/blending; you could have a standout attraction.

If Peter Pan Neverland Adventure was an answer to a scenic based screen Scoop--I think Avengers is gonna rely on it being a decade since TF opened.

Where do you go with a SCOOP system that hasn't been done already? I think that's the key that needs to be made to make sure it works in favor. If they do a Shanghai Pirates mixed with PPNA in animatronic and screen mixing/blending; you could have a standout attraction.
At the very least I would hope Disney would pull some inspiration for the Avengers E ticket from the Jurassic World ride in Beijing. That has some really impressive screen techniques used with those large curved screens integrated into the practical set pieces along with those sweet dinosaur AAs.

To me that's the bar that has been set for the Avengers E ticket to meet or succeed.

Kind of hard to see how this will satisfy riders in 2028 if ported as is, especially when you'll be using photorealistic CGI instead of Pan's appealing animation style.

Avengers Campus was just a poorly thought-out concept, that was poorly executed. It was a terrible addition to DCA. IOA's MSHI has held up well for 25 years, it just needs dining/retail renovations, but still better than this.

I say the same for Galaxy's Edge in Disneyland. I'll take Star Tours & Hyperspace Mountain any day. RotR would be enjoyable if half the stuff wasn't in B-mode and/or broken most of the time.

Unfortunately as the years stack on and the flops pile up, I'm more and more leaning that we probably just won't ever get that E-Ticket, and maybe that's okay?

King Thanos is a real good idea imo, but I wonder if it'll have anywhere near the same impact that it would've a few years ago.

I saw the POV for Peter Pan, I don't know, I'm just not impressed for this ride system to anchor a land, and be THE ride that has been talked about for over a decade by the time it opens for the Avengers E-Ticket. I'm aware that Disney can crank up the movements on this, and they dialed it down for Peter Pan, but its so similar to the SCOOP and honestly I still think Spiderman does it better.

I saw the POV for Peter Pan, I don't know, I'm just not impressed for this ride system to anchor a land, and be THE ride that has been talked about for over a decade by the time it opens for the Avengers E-Ticket. I'm aware that Disney can crank up the movements on this, and they dialed it down for Peter Pan, but its so similar to the SCOOP and honestly I still think Spiderman does it better.

Agreed. They need a show-stopper style of ride to headline the area and then the dark ride using the Peter Pan tech will be a great supporting ride.

Reactions: Freak
Pan looks fun but having ridden Spidey and its clone for so long now it doesn't come across as anything to write home about. Scotty boy definitely showing his influence at Imagineering. It's new to the Disney crowd and with Spidey closing over there it gets to be a bit unique, so definitely a win before you consider it's in a land with a bunch of other new additions.

The beginning made me think it was going to mix the traditional dark ride more. Hopefully a little more of that and a lot more thrill for Avengers.

Unfortunately as the years stack on and the flops pile up, I'm more and more leaning that we probably just won't ever get that E-Ticket, and maybe that's okay?

IT BETTER BE! Otherwise, the campus needs to go. Way too much of a footprint for that park to anchor their Tower of Terror which is practically in Hollywoodland anyway and the PYM Test Kitchen.

Reactions: mccgavin
With proper POV's now coming out without cuts; PPNA's system feels really good as a start for Disney, and I am very interested to see how they use layering of environments with screens for Avengers (alongside how they blend the environment with practical effects).

It's main problem is admittedly a similar problem to Shanghai's Pirates; in how screens envelop and the borders that come to play at transitions. If they can fix that, and maybe have a King Thanos AA similar to the Davy Jones AA's; in making a ride that combines the scale and immersiveness of both Sunken Treasure and PPNA--think that'd be how you get a major win.

Last edited:
It's main problem is admittedly a similar problem to Shanghai's Pirates; in how screens envelop and the borders that come to play at transitions. If they can fix that, and maybe have a King Thanos AA similar to the Davy Jones AA's; in making a ride that combines the scale and immersiveness of both Sunken Treasure and PPNA--think that'd be how you get a major win.
Not sure I agree with that one point. The entire execution of Shangi Pirates is IMO world class and perfectly blended. This feels like a step backward from that to Transformers style tech.

Hoping Avengers is more Shangi than Tokyo personally.

IF this ride doesn't end up a Comic Rewind coaster themed to Avenegers...I will be surprised

A Transformers kinda ride could work.....but maybe I'm just jadded but...we have those already and would not mind something new at DCA

IF this ride doesn't end up a Comic Rewind coaster themed to Avenegers...I will be surprised

A Transformers kinda ride could work.....but maybe I'm just jadded but...we have those already and would not mind something new at DCA
I would rather they use the SCOOP system that used for Pan to replace Spiderman. At least there they can go the Transformers route and do two stories. They should put a Cosmic Rewind-style coaster where the expansion plot is.

I would rather they use the SCOOP system that used for Pan to replace Spiderman. At least there they can go the Transformers route and do two stories. They should put a Cosmic Rewind-style coaster where the expansion plot is.
That would be amazing though, Disney would really need to TRY this time if they want to make a ride that lives up to the Spiderman name