Celestial Park (Epic Universe) | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Celestial Park (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sounds like someone taking advantage of the legal system, trying to get an out of court settlement from a large company.
That's not how trademark infringement cases work. The settlement would be changing the name, not money - there are no damages.

As I mentioned before, if you don't defend trademarks they lose their validity. This is not "taking advantage of the legal system" ... it's using the legal system as designed to have a third party adjudicate whether or not the coaster name infringes upon Starfall Education Foundation's legal rights.

That's not how trademark infringement cases work. The settlement would be changing the name, not money - there are no damages.
Not what I was referring to lol

That company has somewhat enough support to bring up the lawsuit to court... but probably won't win the case as Universal clearly marked it for amusement use and the name Starfall has been utilized elsewhere beyond the company's use. What I was referring to is that you tie up a massive corporation with deep pockets with a suit you probably won't win, but they're more than willing to give you a bucks to quiet as legal fees can rack up over time for them.

Not what I was referring to lol

That company has somewhat enough support to bring up the lawsuit to court... but probably won't win the case as Universal clearly marked it for amusement use and the name Starfall has been utilized elsewhere beyond the company's use. What I was referring to is that you tie up a massive corporation with deep pockets with a suit you probably won't win, but they're more than willing to give you a bucks to quiet as legal fees can rack up over time for them.
It should be quite obvious from their filing that they aren’t looking for “a few bucks” to go away and let Universal use the name. And anyways, if it’s as frivolous as some here make it out, they’d basically be guaranteed to have to pay Universal’s legal fees by filing.

There are 45 trademark classes and Universal filed theirs under 041, which is the same as the other Starfall. It's not some frivolous reach like suing Starfall Bananas (making that up).

I've worked for brands trying to name things internationally. It's really hard. I wouldn't even go with Stardust Racers because of...

1715234942975.png

... which someone probably still holds the rights to.

Last edited:
:rolleyes: it's called a joke.
I was aware. Sorry, didn't intend to be so overly blunt! o_O

I had a feeling-- time for a Bio update!

This is the closest to a back lot coaster in EU and it still looks beautiful. I like the launch from under the station going through a tunnel, reminds me of Hulk. I still don't like the track colors but I don't dislike them either. Those trains still look gorgeous.

I think this is the only coaster where I want my first time to be at night. The twinkling trains in the dark is going to look incredible!

The Mexitalian restaurant it HUGE! I assume the rectangular space is kitchen and then the curvy front is seating? I wonder if the kitchen is also going to be a dining area for TMs or maybe it's also a production kitchen for other locations in the hub? the building looks like it's more than twice the size of Atlantic...

The Mexitalian restaurant it HUGE! I assume the rectangular space is kitchen and then the curvy front is seating? I wonder if the kitchen is also going to be a dining area for TMs or maybe it's also a production kitchen for other locations in the hub? the building looks like it's more than twice the size of Atlantic...

I think it’s going to have a lot of seating. The same footprint was originally for a 500+ seat food court originally after all.