Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Do you want River Adventure to get the Hollywood treatment or stay JP?

• Keep it JP

Votes: 108 37.2%
  • Bring on the iRex

Votes: 182 62.8%

• Total voters
Eehh, we don't know that. And define "eventually" here. Cat in the Hat has had busted, melty-looking animatronics since forever and that's an outside IP with brand integrity concerns in play. There are a lot of projects around the resort coming up, and especially with VC relatively recently opened and Pteranodon having issues, it might be a lot longer before River Adventure sees some desperately needed TLC.

Maybe they do fast-track Jurassic World Adventure or a massive Mummy/ET-style overhaul to open next year or something. I would love that! Unfortunately, I just don't think there is any reason to expect that kinda thing anytime soon.
Well we know any potential overhaul is probably not planned until next year once Epic construction wraps up.

Maybe they will surprise us and it will go down at the end of this year.

I think once the additional capacity is added to the resort a lot of the rides that need TLC can go down.

Back in the day....before Velocicoaster was announced....there was a 'rumor' that Universal was looking at either adding a coaster to JP 'or' doing an extensive redo/refurb of JPRA. If that rumor was true, I would think many are happy that they went with a Velocicoaster build. It probably wouldn't have been budget possible to do both at that time. That was just an unconfirmed rumor though.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
You guys know those animatronics will eventually will be replaced right?

We just have to be a little more patient until they approve a big budget for this ride to be overhauled.

Japan getting new boats is a good sign they are willing to invest into this property. The Mummy got a lot of love recently and I’m sure this is next.
Um I wouldn't count on it lol