Knott's Scary Farm 2024 | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Scary Farm 2024

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wax Works will most likely see it's last year this season. Bloodline needs some work for sure. It's never quite hit for me.
My assumption, based on how these things have gone in the past, is that this is it for Wax Works and Origins: The Curse of Calico. Both are entering their fifth year, which is typically how long Knott's runs a maze before 86ing it. Not sure if Curse of Calico will be exempt from this because it's a lore-heavy house (Trick 'r Treat ran in some form for seven years).

Of course, we don't know if they'll stay at 10 mazes this year. Prior to last year, Knott's hadn't had more than 9 mazes since 2015 (when it had 11). The high watermark is 2007-12 when they had a staggering 13 mazes every year. I have no idea how they staffed those mazes.

Reactions: deadbydawn
If they are gonna add a maze I would guess it would be in Fiesta village, since there's nothing over there, except that 2 scare zones lead that way. Idk if they just like having that area haunt free to give people a break, or they just can't find a space for a maze. Could they fit one behind the carousel, next to the lake, or are Jaguars supports (and noise) preventing that?

My assumption, based on how these things have gone in the past, is that this is it for Wax Works and Origins: The Curse of Calico. Both are entering their fifth year, which is typically how long Knott's runs a maze before 86ing it. Not sure if Curse of Calico will be exempt from this because it's a lore-heavy house (Trick 'r Treat ran in some form for seven years).

Of course, we don't know if they'll stay at 10 mazes this year. Prior to last year, Knott's hadn't had more than 9 mazes since 2015 (when it had 11). The high watermark is 2007-12 when they had a staggering 13 mazes every year. I have no idea how they staffed those mazes.
I think you may be correct with your assumptions. I don't know how they could change Origins to keep it fresh for another few years (a la "Lights Out"), but it also commands some pretty long lines still so it could remain for another season.
If they are gonna add a maze I would guess it would be in Fiesta village, since there's nothing over there, except that 2 scare zones lead that way. Idk if they just like having that area haunt free to give people a break, or they just can't find a space for a maze. Could they fit one behind the carousel, next to the lake, or are Jaguars supports (and noise) preventing that?
I suspect Fiesta Village may still be off the table. For one thing, they are trying really hard to build mazes either backstage, or out of the normal park guest's view and that area doesn't offer a ton of space. I also think by having a dance and/or open area it gives people a chance to spend some money on that bar they opened over there. Just my two cents. I would love to see a scare zone back in Fiesta Village at the very least, though.

Reactions: Jake S
I suspect Fiesta Village may still be off the table. For one thing, they are trying really hard to build mazes either backstage, or out of the normal park guest's view and that area doesn't offer a ton of space. I also think by having a dance and/or open area it gives people a chance to spend some money on that bar they opened over there. Just my two cents. I would love to see a scare zone back in Fiesta Village at the very least, though.
Yeah, I think they've got a good thing going by having that large open area where people can hang out, listen to music and spend $18 on a beer. The only thing it's missing, other than more than one or two places to buy that $18 beer, is some sort of a scare zone.

Any of you know when they typically send out auditions to be a Knotts Scary Farm scareactor?
I think I’ve heard it sometimes happens in early spring. Like April or March.
I auditioned for Ghost Town Alive last year April, and scare actor audition was after that. But that’s my guess. Hopefully someone knows more info than me.

Any of you know when they typically send out auditions to be a Knotts Scary Farm scareactor?
Auditions for Scary Farm the past 2 years (2022/2023) have been in June. You'll be able to apply to audition online "soon". By soon, I mean within the next two weeks.

Also, just a heads up, The Depths replacement has been extended outside of the warehouse like Bloodline. So you're looking at a bigger/longer experience.

As for the Dark Entities replacement, I'll get back to you on that.

And back to Bloodline, it was a physical hit. By that, I mean we got hit by guests repeatedly thanks to those guns during its debut season. Plastic gun hurts more than a fist. I skipped out on returning to Valdonia even with the knowledge of gun removal & changes. It was awful, but also fun. I'll spill all the blood about it some other time. I am curious to see if it gets tweaked again.