Mega Movie Parade | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Mega Movie Parade

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wondering if the 13 floats count the smaller "floats" that accompany larger ones. Superstar parade had 4 units, with 2-3 small vehicles accompanying a larger float.

If there is an Ecto-1 driving around... does it count?
Based on the number of IP listed, 13 seems appropriate to me.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
So I counted!

Mardi Gras 2024 parade had 12 Themed Floats, but the Opening Float and King Gator had about 2 extra themed cars attached each. That could make it about 16 Floats. Of course, some of these are retained year over year, so they didn't build all 16 from scratch.

The Superstar Parade in 2022 had 4 Themed Floats, and 5 Smaller Cars. The 5 smaller cars were the small Minion Ship, Vector's Car, Spongebob and Patrick's Boatmobiles, and Squidward's smaller patch of Jellyfish Fields.

Spongebob was one of 4 IP in the Superstar Parade and didn't get a larger themed float, SLoP got 2 larger setpieces.

It could be the case that some of these many properties could just be walking troupes on foot or in smaller vehicles. They could count things like the DeLorean or Ecto-1 as "Floats". Or we could be in for a whole ton of large setpieces. There's a pretty big gap between Mardi Gras and Superstar for the Mega Movie Parade to fit between.

Alright Disney it’s time to put your gloves on and come out swinging. You’ve been spoiling the heck out of Disneyland lately so it’s time to step your entertainment game up.

Reactions: Nico and saint.piss
Alright Disney it’s time to put your gloves on and come out swinging. You’ve been spoiling the heck out of Disneyland lately so it’s time to step your entertainment game up.
Have a feeling they're going to annouce an opening date for Tiana's Bayou Adventure in a few days.

Sounds great, and 13 floats? Lo and behold, this is why the parade warehouses have to be used for their intended purpose! Since when you add those with the other floats they have, they need the space.

Well, I've seen one person with the rumor that WDW is bringing back the combination catnip and corpse that is the Main Street Electrical Parade. I know that would work for some, but I'm not one of them.

Sounds great, and 13 floats? Lo and behold, this is why the parade warehouses have to be used for their intended purpose! Since when you add those with the other floats they have, they need the space.

Well, I've seen one person with the rumor that WDW is bringing back the combination catnip and corpse that is the Main Street Electrical Parade. I know that would work for some, but I'm not one of them.
I’m with you and I think WDW needs to go ahead and spend the money on a new nighttime parade.

Not to derail this thread but just pointing out how Universal is pulling no punches with its investment in Florida.

I’m with you and I think WDW needs to go ahead and spend the money on a new nighttime parade.

Not to derail this thread but just pointing out how Universal is pulling no punches with its investment in Florida.
and....the battle lines are drawn.....let the war began :D Theme park wars are great for guests.

Last edited:
Reactions: OrlLover
Small question - what are the chances we see the parade run through Hollywood first instead of New York?

Holidays this past year ran through Hollywood first, before going to NY. Mardi Gras went the opposite way.

Small question - what are the chances we see the parade run through Hollywood first instead of New York?

Holidays this past year ran through Hollywood first, before going to NY. Mardi Gras went the opposite way.

Mardi Gras flipped the route due to construction needs. It's possible it was a one and done situation.

I know Holidays runs a certain way to light USF's Christmas Tree. IDK if USF's other Parades have a Favorable Direction.......