Nintendo Switch | Page 143 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wow, it's crazy how much it dwarfs the losses from the Wii U/3DS era. They really got their act together, huh?

Hopefully they've learned the right lessons for this next console cycle.

Reactions: Mike S
Wow, it's crazy how much it dwarfs the losses from the Wii U/3DS era. They really got their act together, huh?

Hopefully they've learned the right lessons for this next console cycle.
This is what happens when a company has good retention and still has people on that witnessed the down eras. Lessons are learned.

Nintendo out here just releasing games left and right as the system is on its last legs

Song and Microsoft with like 20 studios unable to give us a handful of games a year....just a joke. Also someone said this is the 120 game Nintendo has published on Switch....insane

Nintendo out here just releasing games left and right as the system is on its last legs

Song and Microsoft with like 20 studios unable to give us a handful of games a year....just a joke. Also someone said this is the 120 game Nintendo has published on Switch....insane

Neat way to implement and rebrand the NES REMIX idea on Switch. Hope it's fun and fully featured!

I wouldn’t make that argument for a game like this. It looks like something that could be easily put together in less than a year.

I wouldn’t make that argument for a game like this. It looks like something that could be easily put together in less than a year especially due to the fact it’s an enhanced rerelease of a special tournament NES cart from 1990.
Although it shares a name and similar premise, this is distinct from the original NES cartridge. The original version wasn't really a fully fledged game, but rather a sort of contest where players would submit their scores to participate in the actual live event.

I wouldn’t make that argument for a game like this. It looks like something that could be easily put together in less than a year.
Cool

Then Wish PS5/Xbox did these kinda games

No one is telling them every game has to be 4K 600 hour games. Nintendo proves no one cares

I agree with you. Originally it just seemed like a very Apples to Oranges comparison.
No more saying I'm not a fan of how both Xbox and PS5 first party games are being handled....like its to me a joke

You have 20ish studios each and....like no games coming out and Xbox is out here closing devs with no big games coming soon....I dont get it whats the point of consoles with no exclusives then just make one system
At least Nintendo is out here making games

Reactions: Mike S
No more saying I'm not a fan of how both Xbox and PS5 first party games are being handled....like its to me a joke

You have 20ish studios each and....like no games coming out and Xbox is out here closing devs with no big games coming soon....I dont get it whats the point of consoles with no exclusives then just make one system
At least Nintendo is out here making games
Sony needs to learn how to make AA games again.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Jeez the more news like this I see the more my mind boggles over the crazy success they’ve had with this system.

While I have no interest in the latest Pokémon games I am enjoying my revisit of past favorites on my Steam Deck ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerroddragon
Switch is insane

I really wish Sony or Xbox tried to copy their more fun smaller and not 4K games
The entire AAA industry needs to take a step back and look at the bigger picture, not just PlayStation and Xbox. The constant push of nothing but high production AAA releases and live services is figuratively killing them. It’s no longer as sustainable as it was in the 7th and 8th generations. Nintendo is the only one that foresaw this and even they’re expecting a turn during the Switch 2 cycle when they talked about their own development times increasing. There’s a reason why Nintendo is the only console manufacturer not talking about bringing their games to PC or even other consoles: they don’t need to. It’s incredible that we can potentially reach a point where all you’ll need as a gamer to play everything is a PC and a Nintendo console. Even right now with my Steam Deck I can get Spider-Man Remastered, God of War, Last of Us Part 1, The Master Chief Collection, and hopefully Indiana Jones and The Great Circle later this year (the catalyst for me wanting a second console). It’s insane.