The Acolyte (Disney+) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

The Acolyte (Disney+)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just finished the 2nd episode earlier today. I loved both episodes, but episode 1 for me had some clunky dialogue/directing that had me a little worried. Episode 2, thankfully, didn't have any of those issues and was an even better episode! It's just really awesome to have a new story in the SW universe that has no connection to the Skywalker saga or anything we've seen before. It's so refreshing.

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
I watched the first episode and … woof. The writing is poor and the acting seems to play to that level. Lot to like visually, but this is probably a one and done for me.
I am going to try it one more time

I watched Videos about the story line in the High Republic....I loved the first book to come out but then it becomes a mess of just too many books...some aimed at kids...and teens some for adults made it hard to follow

I think this era is a good idea but they just seem to be having a hard time presenting it in an easy way. Wish they took the Shadows of the Empire approach and had books and a video game ready to go day one and not 3 years later finally having a show connect to this era after tons of books

I watched the first episode and … woof. The writing is poor and the acting seems to play to that level. Lot to like visually, but this is probably a one and done for me.
The 2nd episode is a huge improvement give it a chance lol

i was gonna start watching this, but I've heard really rough reviews about it. like really rough.
is episode 2 really better?
Kind of an uneven show. Without giving away a technical spoiler, there's clear A and B plots, and one is superior to the other. But there's things worth watching in both episodes, even if both in total are average Disney+ fare.

Watched the second Episode....it is better but...I don't know while I love how the show looks and all the aliens and Driods

Like some of the writing is just not as strong as other shows and some things feel off

I don't hate it, its above Obi Wan or Boba Feet for me (those shows have good and great moments but overall are just....fine or bad to me)

The main "good" Mae character just has nothing to me, like she just isn't that interesting yet. I liked the moment with Yord coming to his own conclusion about Mae and not give into his bias.
The fights are fun and I feel like as a dumb action show its really great at times but....for sure do not want this writer touching the Old Republic, no thank you