The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 199 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And when UOR said the closure will help make way for exciting new experiences for guests, they must have meant need to save money from running it for Epic Universe because pretty sure there has been zero movement inside this entire year.

Extenuating circumstances in this regard. IDK why we keep glossing over the attraction/building was damaged.

Honestly my heart goes out to this land, once considered probably THE best in IOA. And ever since WWOHP, Lost Continent has just been dying the slowest death.

And when UOR said the closure will help make way for exciting new experiences for guests, they must have meant need to save money from running it for Epic Universe because pretty sure there has been zero movement inside this entire year.
The Mythos Restaurant is still the best out of all islands, I remember eating there as a kid when my family visited IOA in 2000 and again in 2010. Just hopefully the LC turns into the Legend of Zelda because that's what IOA really needs right now, when EU opens.

(or at least mourning its past)
As foretold in the prophecy.

dueling-dragons-chain.jpg

Dug that up recently and it went with the DD memorabilia I got at HHN last year. :D

The Mythos Restaurant is still the best out of all islands, I remember eating there as a kid when my family visited IOA in 2000 and again in 2010. Just hopefully the LC turns into the Legend of Zelda because that's what IOA really needs right now, when EU opens.
It'd be really sad if all they left of LC was Mythos.

In a weird way it's fitting Lost Continent will be lost again in the near future.

As foretold in the prophecy.

View attachment 21802

Dug that up recently and it went with the DD memorabilia I got at HHN last year. :D

It'd be really sad if all they left of LC was Mythos.

In a weird way it's fitting Lost Continent will be lost again in the near future.
They should build an inverted coaster themed to the Gleeoks from TOTK with duel tracks, one representing fire and the other ice. That feels like a very fresh idea

• Haha
Reactions: Mike S
I'm simply pushing back on the idea that these large corporations are using massive capital expansion as the equivalent of diss tracks. These expansions need to justify themselves for reasons beyond, "look at what our rival built down the road."
It was Disney who said in an answer to a question from the press about them reacting to Epic Universe that Universal was reacting to them and their "amazing" streak of new attractions they opened in the past decade.
Yes corporations are reacting on successes of their direct competitors. Not about how great something is but rather how much more visitors are visiting a rival park due to a new offering and how much guests are spending in the new thing. And that is a good thing for us theme park enthousiasts as it keeps the development and innovation moving.

It was Disney who said in an answer to a question from the press about them reacting to Epic Universe that Universal was reacting to them and their "amazing" streak of new attractions they opened in the past decade.
Yes corporations are reacting on successes of their direct competitors. Not about how great something is but rather how much more visitors are visiting a rival park due to a new offering and how much guests are spending in the new thing. And that is a good thing for us theme park enthousiasts as it keeps the development and innovation moving.
*Taps the sign*
Good discussion, but we've probably strayed far enough off topic for long enough that it's time to put a close to this. Let's get back to discussing the Future of the Lost Continent (or at least mourning its past).

Personally, I'm really excited with just how much work has to be done at all three parks, not even looking at GB or USH. Obviously Epic Universe still has a year of construction and is the top priority, but we have at least six attractions that can be redone/removed.

- Simpsons in USF: One of my least favorite attractions with an expiring contract to Disney.
- Fear Factor Live in USF: The stage only seems to be used for the HHN show now.
- Rip Ride Rockit in USF: A head-banging nightmare that currently stands as the only outdoor coaster in that park.
- Fast and Furious in USF: Total waste of space, never seems to be more than a walk-on.
- River Adventure in IOA: I visited it recently and while I absolutely love the property, it has a lot of dating issues that could be helped by a massive refurb / possible transition to the USH model.
- Pteranodon Flyers in IOA: Currently has work walls up and personally, I hate how I can't go on it so it would be nice to have it go down.

What's crazy to me is that none of these are full lands, unlike The Lost Continent. Is the current rumor still Legend of Zelda there? It would probably be the longest / hardest project to work on after Epic Universe but man would it be nice. It's so strange walking through this shell of an area that has nothing to offer besides the most dated restaurant and the occasional Kung Fu Panda meet and greet that's in the area until DreamWorks opens up.

Edit: Didn't see the message literally six messages above mine :expressionless:. Do we have any more details on it or just the general concept?