Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening June 28, 2024) | Page 87 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening June 28, 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
oh freaking god, i wasnt feeling too negative but all these empty spaces are crushing my soul....wow:mad:
i can understand that it couldnt be an exact copy in terms of the exact animals in each scene, but wow, all those empty spaces are crushing....now im a little sad

Sorry, but I don't buy that. Every modern Disney princess ride has been a retelling, and this is the property they chose to create its own narrative for? I understand a "sequel" means they can't have Facilier and I'm not arguing that, it wouldn't make sense; but when the first film had all the makings of a great retelling and they opted for moving away from it - that paints a different picture.

UPDATE: Just wanted to mention that Frozen Ever After is, in essence, a retelling - though presented differently; but that's the only example I can think of that's not an outright retelling.
Arguably the film's most effective emotional climax is the death of Ray. Yet there seemed to be no continuity hand-wringing about resurrecting him for the ride. Combine with the ridiculous rebrand of Mama Odie (contradicting decades of building what a "fairy" looks like in the Disney verse), it becomes clear Imagineering was bending over backwards to avoid any mention of voodoo.

Feels to me like this ride is based on a Disney+ show that never got made. Even down to the more casual outfit seen in the only piece of art released for it.

Synergy gone wild?

View attachment 22173
They talked about the show recently, so I think its still coming out but maybe it was suppose to be out nearer to the ride...maybe it will come out around the time DL version is out

Reactions: Alicia
They talked about the show recently, so I think its still coming out but maybe it was suppose to be out nearer to the ride...maybe it will come out around the time DL version is out
Yea it was supposed to debut this year along with the ride, but the website was updated to no longer have a date or release year.

Anyway, that's what this ride feels more like to me, a bridge between movie and show... hence all the bending over backwards to show off her new career choices.

(Cuddly musical animals unrelated.)

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Yea it was supposed to debut this year along with the ride, but the website was updated to no longer have a date or release year.

Anyway, that's what this ride feels more like to me, a bridge between movie and show... hence all the bending over backwards to show off her new career choices.

(Cuddly musical animals unrelated.)

I think two things can be true:

Disney had a mandate not to use voodoo (so no Facilier, retcon Mama Odie).
and
Disney wanted to synergize the new attraction with their MIA Disney+ series, arguably to the attraction's detriment depending on who you ask. (Also, god, why does the Tiana in that art look so off model?)

I think I would have preferred the loose book report Princess and the Frog fairytale ride similar to Frozen than this. Following along their journey to transform back and Facilier gets a hold of you before the drop just to be saved in time my mama Odie. The ending scene would feel so much more rewarding.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I'm fine if you want to make a new story...but if it comes no where near as interesting as the first film..then its going to be hard for me to want that

Also....I just feel like Epic Universe is going to come out next year and just blow away stuff like this....like the tech on this is cool but unless you have interesting story to with it...I feel like people will ride this but doubt it becomes the thing most people talk about...because the height means its not for kids...and its for sure as the heck isn't for adults
Why is 40" not kid? All my kids were 40" sometime during the age 3 year. My son rode BTM at age 3 which is also 40"

Reactions: Jake S and Brian G.
The issue is Tiana and Louis look happy to see you small as a bug and not, you know, FREAKED OUT. Mama is the Ghost Host, a chaotic good that drives our adventure they need to lean into that more.

Why is 40" not kid? All my kids were 40" sometime during the age 3 year. My son rode BTM at age 3 which is also 40"
5 Year Olds are going on this for sure wont argue that but most 3 year Old I know are for not going on Splash

The point is this ride is at odds of what it wants to be

It used to be a ride made for families with thrills and now it was to be literally the Winnie the Pooh Level of plot and be able a party.

I never thought Splash had a deep but it worked with the attraction they built this new ride had to play fast and lose with a lot of things.

But for sure this ride seems to made for younger people but has a 50 foot drop. Also my comment was about the attractions being being "friendly" and about how nothing says that more then a 50 foot drop and height requirement

For example Frozen ride does not have a height requirement

5 Year Olds are going on this for sure wont argue that but most 3 year Old I know are for not going on Splash

The point is this ride is at odds of what it wants to be

It used to be a ride made for families with thrills and now it was to be literally the Winnie the Pooh Level of plot and be able a party.

I never thought Splash had a deep but it worked with the attraction they built this new ride had to play fast and lose with a lot of things.

But for sure this ride seems to made for younger people but has a 50 foot drop. Also my comment was about the attractions being being "friendly" and about how nothing says that more then a 50 foot drop and height requirement

For example Frozen ride does not have a height requirement
the Winnie the Pooh comment is perfect, thats what this became yeah but it feels more empty,
if anything the 50 foot drop would make the desired audience (little kids) be scared of riding it, so even then its a hard choice