Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

18+ house?

Would you be in support of an 18+ house?

• Total voters
Anyone who has ever been to HHN knows that teenagers like to act up in houses. Everyone knows what I mean, screaming in actors face, making fun of them, and the high pitch fake scream we have all learned to hate. So what if a house was just for people 18+, just one house, not the whole event, would you be in support of it?

I love where your going with it, but unfortunately most of the people acting up are not teens, but rather drunk adults. I've stood in those houses and watched the people. It's one of the things I love about the Hollywood's dry HHN, the scaractors get more into it since they're not as afraid of getting punched in the face.

Mmmm Drunk adults are bad, BUT teenagers travel in pacts and seem to get braver and dumber with numbers. There are plenty of idiots in all age groups. Teens just seem to stick out more at times.

Oh they are bad, especially when they try to show off to their friends. But although they are more obvious they are very outnumbered by the drunks, and operationally the drunks cause a lot more issues.

I never knew anyone who was assaulted by teenagers acting stupid, can't say the same for drunken adults. Maybe teens don't bother me because I was just one, but I know plenty of adults who would rather be around 17 year olds than hang out with drunken guys in Ed Hardy shirts.

I never knew anyone who was assaulted by teenagers acting stupid, can't say the same for drunken adults. Maybe teens don't bother me because I was just one, but I know plenty of adults who would rather be around 17 year olds than hang out with drunken guys in Ed Hardy shirts.

Ain't that the truth.

It's amazing how people can't seem to handle themselves at an event like this.. I've noticed more and more incidents lately. As stated before, it's always adults too.

People also need to think realistically.

Thousands of people enter the park gates for the event ages 12-17. (and now and then a few younger who can handle the sort of Haunted Attraction fun the event offers) That is a lot of food, drinks T-shirts and other such things to turn down as well as admission and express sales. Having a major attraction of that event 18 and up only takes some incentive away from family and groups who want to go.

Also, we have reached some awesome immersion in haunts. That in design with scare tactics and atmosphere is where the haunts get better and more intense. Alone at HowloScream is a great example and the closest thing to what a Universal Extreme house could be. Short of actually intensive handling and touching (with the risk of a lot of accidents and potentially lawsuits/negative attention) what can an 18 and up house really offer? Nudity with more sex appeal? yeah, ok that's cool but really, a lot of negative publicity with that and people would just complain that it is not scary and again risk a lot of attention from guests and clientele with attitudes they don't want against their staff. They can get away with plenty of sex appeal with the venues we have at the event now without getting a lot of negative experiences from guests and media slamming it.

For the record people who love to drink at the event and handle themselves, great. But I am not going to lie every survey I get I always select the Hollywood HHN style of no serving any alcohol at the event if it is an option or there is a spot to type it in.

For the record people who love to drink at the event and handle themselves, great. But I am not going to lie every survey I get I always select the Hollywood HHN style of no serving any alcohol at the event if it is an option or there is a spot to type it in.

I wish they would do it. Hollywood runs an amazing event. But sadly there is just to much $$ in the alcohol.

Misread the poll and thought it said 18+ houses not an 18yo and up only house. If there is a chance to change it on the moderator/administrators part, please do so.

I wouldn't mind an 18+ only house but you just know the little one's will try and in some ways succeed in getting in line/the house. As for anyone saying adults act just as stupid, the kids usually don't drink alcohol at the event, they just act stupid.

Misread the poll and thought it said 18+ houses not an 18yo and up only house. If there is a chance to change it on the moderator/administrators part, please do so.

I wouldn't mind an 18+ only house but you just know the little one's will try and in some ways succeed in getting in line/the house. As for anyone saying adults act just as stupid, the kids usually don't drink alcohol at the event, they just act stupid.

A lot of the adults that plan on getting drunk at the event act stupid before they buy any alcohol.

I'm all for this. It probably wont cut back on the annoying factor too much, seeing as there still 18+ dee-bags out there, but for the goodness of adding the gore!

Funny because I've seen people 20+ acting up. Age doesn't matter.

Me too. I've worked HHN several years as a scaractor and dealt with idiots of all ages. The major complaint were those too drunk to be scared, or just too drunk, period. I wish they would have breathalyzers at each scarezone/house put in that doesn't allow those 'too drunk' to enter, OR at the bars so they won't even reach that level. I've personally witnessed a member of my cast get throat punched by a drunk, and then left and got away with it since we couldn't track him down later. On average I've heard of at least 3 - 5 people from my area alone get removed in cuffs per night, and that's those that ended up getting caught, so I can only imagine what really happens all over that doesn't. Big reason why I'm never working an event there again where booze is the major seller.

Sadly just talked about this on Fb HHn and HOS are only events I can think of that sell alcohol for a haunt event. Bad combinations. 18 plus house Did one in Ohio this year(I think it is 18 and up sure should have been) Opening scene a guy sticks a shot gun in house mouth and blows the back of his head off! Lights go out you then get 2-3 chainsaw and off you go. One scene a clown gets behead, another scene sexy nuns devil worshiping and a human sacrifice. I got grabbed and humped by a clown for 10 seconds. The final was a guy getting his head cut off with a chainsaw. It was intense and fantastic NO theme park and 99 percent of other haunts would ever attempt the 18 plus type haunt.