Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2 Days @ Disneyland on a Budget

GadgetGuru

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2011
Seattle, WA
I'm going on a Disneyland trip with some friends in early April. They're huge Star Wars fans (they even liked Rise of Skywalker!). We're going to be at the parks for 2 full days (not terribly long, I know).

My last trip was about 18 months ago and it was a solo trip with a looser budget. They'll be 5 of us (adults, all drinking age) and we'll be on a stricter budget.

Anybody have any recommendations of must-dos or food/merch/whatnot that is both amazing + not too expensive. I was specifically told to try to "minimize the exclusive dining" (i.e. I think they'll be a push to have dinner outside the resort, but I'll do my best to push back)

We weren't really on a budget when we went last year, but I don't like spending money where I feel it isn't worth it. The biggest thing I can think of is don't feel like you have to eat at places in the parks. We were pretty much across the board underwhelmed with the food there, and we ate at most of the must do places.

We stayed half the trip at the Disneyland Hotel and the other half at the Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Theme Park Entrance, which was conveniently right next to Mimi's. It saved a ton of money with both those, and it was easy walking distance.

The best bang for your buck I can think of for food would be that fried chicken place at Knott's. The waitress was great, and food was amazing. Plus the waitress literally found ways for us to save money on our completely way too much food for a normal person portions, and ended up giving a pie to go home with too... for reasons?

Happy hours at gardenwalk if you want to take a break and get some drinks. Food specials decent too. Don't pay double at downtown Disney. McCormick and Schmicks has happy hour on Saturdays. Fire and ice is a great value for all you can eat.

Not gonna talk about knotts as you arent going there in a short trip. Air bnb has some places in walking distance. Can be cheap for groups.

We weren't really on a budget when we went last year, but I don't like spending money where I feel it isn't worth it. The biggest thing I can think of is don't feel like you have to eat at places in the parks. We were pretty much across the board underwhelmed with the food there, and we ate at most of the must do places.

We stayed half the trip at the Disneyland Hotel and the other half at the Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Theme Park Entrance, which was conveniently right next to Mimi's. It saved a ton of money with both those, and it was easy walking distance.

The best bang for your buck I can think of for food would be that fried chicken place at Knott's. The waitress was great, and food was amazing. Plus the waitress literally found ways for us to save money on our completely way too much food for a normal person portions, and ended up giving a pie to go home with too... for reasons?
Happy hours at gardenwalk if you want to take a break and get some drinks. Food specials decent too. Don't pay double at downtown Disney. McCormick and Schmicks has happy hour on Saturdays. Fire and ice is a great value for all you can eat.

Not gonna talk about knotts as you arent going there in a short trip. Air bnb has some places in walking distance. Can be cheap for groups.
Thanks a lot for the suggestions!

We've debated doing Knott's on our free day, but I have the feeling we'll not go. We've got a couple vegetarians in the group and I don't think enough of us would be interested in Knott's fried chicken.

Gardenwalk is a good idea. I have the feeling we'll do lunch at QSRs in the parks and then dinner elsewhere. Our hotel isn't terribly far from Gardenwalk either.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions!

We've debated doing Knott's on our free day, but I have the feeling we'll not go. We've got a couple vegetarians in the group and I don't think enough of us would be interested in Knott's fried chicken.

Gardenwalk is a good idea. I have the feeling we'll do lunch at QSRs in the parks and then dinner elsewhere. Our hotel isn't terribly far from Gardenwalk either.
Knotts is like under 40 on ebay for a day often and a not difficult cheap bus ride away. great park.