Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2017 Holidays at Universal - New Wizarding World Holidays

Post up on UO blog: Universal Orlando Close Up | New Holiday Entertainment Including Christmas at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Close Up

Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Festive garlands décor, each with it’s own unique detail, will complement the shops and architecture. These fantastic textures will surround you as you wander the streets of both Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley.

You’ll also be able to enjoy new holiday food, drink and entertainment throughout both Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley. I can already hear the Frog Choir rehearsing their new numbers!

The Christmas celebration will crescendo nightly as a festive spell will be cast onto Hogwarts castle, cascading it in décor, candlelight and festive moments inspired by the films. Using the latest in mapped projection technology, Hogwarts Castle will transform itself into a yuletide display, gifting fans with an amazing, new view.

The holidays have always been a special time for Hogwarts students. And we’re going to capture that same spirit, allowing you to experience The Wizarding World of Harry Potter like never before.​

How to crush your competition like a bug
By: Universal Orlando Resort

(Because this is literally less than an hour after SWO's press conference)

I hardly consider Christmas decorations a move to crush SWO like a bug lol.

Does this mean Orlando is not getting the Summer show that Japan and Hollywood (rumored) are getting?

Does this mean Orlando is not getting the Summer show that Japan and Hollywood (rumored) are getting?
When it comes to who gets the most press/buzz, it will be Harry Potter Christmas stuff. I didn't mean like completely destroyed because I still think SWO's event will be superior for the holidays.

This will be fantastic. The Halloween decorations in Hogsmede at USJ are absolutely beautiful and capture the essence of the films so exactly; for anyone who hasn't seen similar in person yet I think you'll be surprised how transformative it is to the overall experience.

Also, great promo video. Slick.

Yea, let's be fair.

At this point SeaWorld is more of a amoeba or bacteria than a bug.

They're not installing the infrastructure to just do a show 2 months out of the year.

How to crush your competition like a bug
By: Universal Orlando Resort

(Because this is literally less than an hour after SWO's press conference)
I don't think Sea World is on Universal's radar...This is definitely a jab at the Mouse if anything...But, Christmas has always been lackluster at IOA anyway...The Grinch show and now Potter will put it over the top

It may not be the intention but it is the result. This is a much bigger deal than the raft ride. I know people who will plan trips to go see this, for those same people the raft ride probably won't even be enough to get them to go to Seaworld when they're here for their summer trips.

It may not be the intention but it is the result. This is a much bigger deal than the raft ride. I know people who will plan trips to go see this, for those same people the raft ride probably won't even be enough to get them to go to Seaworld when they're here for their summer trips.

I agree that this is a bigger deal than the raft ride, but how many people are going to be going on that raft ride during the Christmas season anyway? Given that this is a holiday thing at a time of year when the water rides see minimal ridership, I cannot see this as a shot at Seaworld.

Your friends who were not going to go to Seaworld even during the summer for the raft ride are also not going to get to see the Christmas show during the summer either, so there is little crossover in the population.

I agree that this is a bigger deal than the raft ride, but how many people are going to be going on that raft ride during the Christmas season anyway? Given that this is a holiday thing at a time of year when the water rides see minimal ridership, I cannot see this as a shot at Seaworld.
Well I think the point is this is killing all the media buzz around the raft ride and diminishing how many people actually hear about it.

FINALLY! You have no idea how long I've been waiting for HP Christmas. The books and films did such a great job of portraying the holiday that it broke my little heart when I'd visit the lands and barely see wreaths hung. I can't wait to check it out.

Also, the REAL news here is the expanded Holidays at UO dates! No more trying to sandwich it in between the usually 3-4 week window! Now it's November 18th - January 6th.. like the big boys!