Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2021 Summer Food Festival & Jurassic World Tribute Store

I hope they have it filled with merch you can’t find elsewhere

This would make it more worthwhile, certainly.

I'd be more enthused if it were JP-themed (does Universal still have any of the displays in storage from when JP was featured in the Horror Makeup Show lobby in the 1990s?), but that obviously wouldn't be in the cards given what they're promoting at the moment.

I guess Mardi Grass made them a ton of money. Universal Studios is the event park so this is an easy roll out. Bit disappointing as I saw boring stuff like a grilled sandwich and mac 'n cheese, it could use a bit more...grown up food that is adventures and a bit more healthy. But I'm sure Universal knows what they do and it 'll make them a ton of money.

I guess Mardi Grass made them a ton of money. Universal Studios is the event park so this is an easy roll out. Bit disappointing as I saw boring stuff like a grilled sandwich and mac 'n cheese, it could use a bit more...grown up food that is adventures and a bit more healthy. But I'm sure Universal knows what they do and it 'll make them a ton of money.
I’ve heard that this Mardi Gras was quite a bit more profitable than 2019 (the last year they had a normal Mardi Gras) and because they didn’t have to run a parade, pay to book a concert lineup, and the park closed earlier too, which means less spending on staffing.

I’ve heard that this Mardi Gras was quite a bit more profitable than 2019 (the last year they had a normal Mardi Gras) and because they didn’t have to run a parade, pay to book a concert lineup, and the park closed earlier too, which means less spending on staffing.
I wouldn't be sad if the parade never returned

I loved collecting beads the whole day and it felt like the entire park was a part of the fun

I loved having the parade floats placed around the park instead of having them being part of a large parade. It gave the whole event a big feeling of kinetic energy throughout the park and I never really felt like there was much of a dead zone in any area of the park.

I wouldn't call this a Festival. More like "featuring". They only had 3 locations, and 1 truck had the same stuff you can find during Mardi Gras. Not a bad thing, but I guess that's why mums the word from Universal so far.

Apparently, it runs til August and there will be a couple more booths added.

Considering I haven't been to the parks since last September, I'm totally fine with them continuing stuff like this, especially since I'll be down there next week!

Feels like Mardi Gras was a nice "Ah-Ha!" moment for the parks, showing this is a good draw to the Studios as VelociCoaster will be doing it's job to draw folks to IOA. An unlike Epcot where the festivals are pretty much a crutch for that park, this feels like a sweet addition for the Studios.

Considering I haven't been to the parks since last September, I'm totally fine with them continuing stuff like this, especially since I'll be down there next week!

Feels like Mardi Gras was a nice "Ah-Ha!" moment for the parks, showing this is a good draw to the Studios as VelociCoaster will be doing it's job to draw folks to IOA. An unlike Epcot where the festivals are pretty much a crutch for that park, this feels like a sweet addition for the Studios.
Does EPCOT really have that much festivals? I thought they have the one spring one and that’s it.