4 More Magic Kingdom Restaurants to Serve Alcohol | Inside Universal Forums

4 More Magic Kingdom Restaurants to Serve Alcohol

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I will also second that it's about time. It makes zero sense that the other parks are so alcohol friendly and that park is so dry.

I ate at Skipper Canteen a few months back and I was flipping the menu upside down and all around looking for drinks. The place seems ripe for some creative ones. Then I remembered where I was.

lol..now it will be even harder to get reservations for these places.

Sign me up. I'll be at the bar...um...sit down restaurant with a table for one, while the wife waits for Aladdins flying carpets. Thanks!

Reactions: Joel and Scott W.
dITfJcR.gif

Call me old fashioned but I really don't see any need for alcohol in any theme park, people really can't abstain until they get back to their rooms or hotel bars?

For the record, I like a good drink as much as the next guy. guess if it's there I might have one but while it hasn't been I haven't missed it. I share Walt's sentiments on this one.

Reactions: SpyderDan
Main justification for Walt not wanting alcohol in his parks comes from the pre-Disneyland view of drunk carnies and rip off artists. We're now almost 60 years full of quality from Disney, Universal, Busch (heh), and more and I think it's more than due for alcohol sales in Disneyland and Magic Kingdom. Additionally in terms of adding up charges and increasing profits in a struggling division this seems like a sure fire way to increase F&B profits without much expenditure or risking devaluing the parks.

Call me old fashioned but I really don't see any need for alcohol in any theme park, people really can't abstain until they get back to their rooms or hotel bars?

For the record, I like a good drink as much as the next guy. guess if it's there I might have one but while it hasn't been I haven't missed it. I share Walt's sentiments on this one.
So old fashioned.

HHN and Epcot F&W get a lot of drunks. I don't think having beer/wine at a restaurant will attract the same type of crowd/behavior.

Reactions: Ashleigh

I don't think this is there for people to get drunk. Having a good beer or wine with a nice meal is something a lot of people now expect in a theme park.

Reactions: Joel
Main justification for Walt not wanting alcohol in his parks comes from the pre-Disneyland view of drunk carnies and rip off artists. We're now almost 60 years full of quality from Disney, Universal, Busch (heh), and more and I think it's more than due for alcohol sales in Disneyland and Magic Kingdom. Additionally in terms of adding up charges and increasing profits in a struggling division this seems like a sure fire way to increase F&B profits without much expenditure or risking devaluing the parks.
I think Walt Disney would be for this, he was the one who argued for alcohol at Club 33 in Disneyland while others were against it.

:eek:.........Oh no!!! Somebody abducted the real UK Trigg and replaced him with a teetotler imposter. Call Scotland Yard. Hurry before it's too late.

Reactions: Joel and Scott W.
As long as it's kept to the restaurants (with meals), should be fine. I'd hate to see Food & Wine crowds swarm the MK's main areas.

Reactions: UK-Trigg
As long as it's kept to the restaurants (with meals), should be fine. I'd hate to see Food & Wine crowds swarm the MK's main areas.

This is my point, it started as never, not anywhere, then it was ok just BoG, now it's let's just have it in the restaurants, next will be beer carts down main street. Just leave it as an alcohol free zone.

This really is just another cash grab but cos Its booze folk are cool with it.

Reactions: SpyderDan
I'm on the fence.

This is a stake in the heart of the "but it's for children" nonsense and anything to vanquish that demon is appreciated.

But it goes back to fundamentals as well... MK was always a dry park. Epcot opened with alcohol and made a similar argument there as well (in restaurants, paired with food). So it's definitely a slippery slope.

I could see myself appreciating Tortuga Tavern actually being open and having some fruity rum drinks and being fun with some pirate-y atmosphere and a bar wench for good measure.

But I'm not sure that "goes" in the magic kingdom.

Reactions: TDBLMT