4 More Magic Kingdom Restaurants to Serve Alcohol | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

4 More Magic Kingdom Restaurants to Serve Alcohol

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Guys that was a joke. The issue comes down to using the Disney designed characters or Disney showing you're trying to confuse the public.

You'd be fine under parody law--might have to use cutesy names, "Cindy," "Ari," but no biggie. I mean Disney would have a cow, but legally not much they could do (on the downlow, your landlord might suddenly get an offer he can't refuse tho). The problem is Orange County ordinances are so strict there's nowhere anywhere near WDW or the tourist district where you can legally operate an adult establishment. Looking at OBT or Lake County.

In case you hadn't guessed, yes, I seriously researched this--for this exact business plan--about 5 or 6 years ago.

How long until you think MK has it's first drink stand?

With all of Disney's nickel + diming, you know it's gonna happen.

I think drink stands are still a ways off--if I'm wrong, it will be rum in the Dole Whips first. But I do suspect Gaston's will be turned into a beer garden of sorts sooner rather than later. In retrospect, the design of it seems clearly intended for that. Could probably retrofit Tomorrowland Terrace the same way, that would make it easier to offer a booze upcharge on the fireworks party (also seems a likely next step). I agree tho this won't stay limited to 5 restaurants, especially with the initial backlash being so muted.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
You'd be fine under parody law--might have to use cutesy names, "Cindy," "Ari," but no biggie. I mean Disney would have a cow, but legally not much they could do (on the downlow, your landlord might suddenly get an offer he can't refuse tho). The problem is Orange County ordinances are so strict there's nowhere anywhere near WDW or the tourist district where you can legally operate an adult establishment. Looking at OBT or Lake County.

In case you hadn't guessed, yes, I seriously researched this--for this exact business plan--about 5 or 6 years ago.

You really don't even have to change the names. Universal has used the characters for HHN quite a bit. If Disney was going to try to go after anyone at all it would be the animated movies with the same exact names.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Are they still serving alcohol in the restaurants or was it just a test run? Going up to Orlando next weekend and planning on enjoying a few cocktails at the Magic Kingdom if possible.

Are they still serving alcohol in the restaurants or was it just a test run? Going up to Orlando next weekend and planning on enjoying a few cocktails at the Magic Kingdom if possible.
They are still serving alcohol and the place has yet to turn into a drunkytown.

Reactions: Scott W.
It's about time alcohol is served at the MK ! I was so tired of not being able to have a drink if I wanted one even though everyone else in the park having a grand ole time. Martini drinking headhunters , A full on Pirate frat party , Booze swilling foxes n bears , Drunken miners , Keg filled Taverns , Bleary eyed hillbilly bears playing in da band , Ghosts swinging from the chandeliers , Acid trippin poohs --- need I go on??

We want to keep it wholesome for the kiddies my fuzzy navel, the place has always been drunkytown I just could never participate!!

Let's add a few more to this. Crystal Palace and The Plaza Restaurant will now be serving alcohol. Most, if not all, restaurants at MK now serve alcohol + Club 33 on the way. I think we're honestly headed towards stands in the street selling alcohol at MK within the next few years. They know that adding alcohol in these places is an instant way of profit while doing very little.
The Crystal Palace Now Serving Alcohol in Magic Kingdom - Blog Mickey

The Plaza Restaurant Now Serving Alcohol at Magic Kingdom - Blog Mickey

Having an "Only Nixon could go to China" moment ...

I'm not crazy about beer and wine in Crystal Palace. For all intents and purposes, the place is a Winnie the Pooh meet & greet. I'd much rather see a controlled setting, like a beer garden or lounge, where you're free to visit, but free to pass by, too. To me this is the equivalent to a beer cart in Fantasyland, something I hope we never see.

All in favor of the Plaza, tho. In fact, I wish they'd add alcoholic milkshakes.

Having an "Only Nixon could go to China" moment ...

I'm not crazy about beer and wine in Crystal Palace. For all intents and purposes, the place is a Winnie the Pooh meet & greet. I'd much rather see a controlled setting, like a beer garden or lounge, where you're free to visit, but free to pass by, too. To me this is the equivalent to a beer cart in Fantasyland, something I hope we never see.

All in favor of the Plaza, tho. In fact, I wish they'd add alcoholic milkshakes.
I really don't think we're far off from seeing beer carts on Main Street that roll out before things like Once Upon A Time and Happily Ever After.

Reactions: Joel and SeventyOne
Don’t discount the fact that the dining plan allows for alcohol now also. So the “value” of that - or at least the perception and marketing of value- increases significantly now that you can get it at restaurants in MK.

Reactions: SeventyOne
That Disney Dining gets more and more tempting every day.

This will probably be the thing that puts me over the edge to stay at Disney so I can get a bus to the parks and drink.