Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Animal Kingdom (General Discussion)

Putting this here because it really feels like Rohde has been the last man on the battlement protecting Animal Kingdom from the kind of homogenization we've seen at the other Walt Disney World parks. I hope whichever Imagineer takes over the Animal Kingdom portfolio truly cares about the park's unique place in WDW.

Putting this here because it really feels like Rohde has been the last man on the battlement protecting Animal Kingdom from the kind of homogenization we've seen at the other Walt Disney World parks. I hope whichever Imagineer takes over the Animal Kingdom portfolio truly cares about the park's unique place in WDW.
The one thing standing between things like Zootopia ending up in Animal Kingdom is leaving. Thematic integrity be damned.

(But, I think this could lead to more rides in the park over time and that’s a good thing.)

Chapek chomping at the bit! Honestly, this is going to really open up the park to new possibilities. Bring on Zootopia and Indiana Jones “Snakes...why’d it have to be snakes?” Land!

The one thing standing between things like Zootopia ending up in Animal Kingdom is leaving. Thematic integrity be damned.
He’s really not. If Michael Colglazier of all people “got it” when he was at AK, it’s not like the park is teetering on the brink of turning into a dumping ground for every non-human IP.

The more concerning bit is that the bench of creative leads is getting awfully short.

Last edited:
(But, I think this could lead to more rides in the park over time and that’s a good thing.)
1ac30b2c2e3ba767e5180445e8ca9a3f.gif

I'd rather the park stagnate for a decade than see some inappropriate nonsense shoehorned in there (especially when there are appropriate, no-brainer I.P. tie-ins waiting to be utilized, like THE JUNGLE BOOK or an increased presence for THE LION KING). But that's just me!

There goes our last hope of the Yeti ever getting fixed.

For at least the next ten years, I'm sure.

I heard this summer Joe was let go of the company but didn't believe it because "fool me once, shame on you". With this news, and talking to some other people, it sounds like WDI basically gave him a good severance and let him leave on good terms into retirement instead of getting laid off. Basically "you're high level and senior enough to dictate some conditions here".

I make no secrets about not being a fan of Rhode. Feel like he focuses far too much on message and losses sight of why people go to parks in the first place: rides.

I’m one of those that hopes Zootopia gets in AK now. I welcome Indiana Jones land. That park needs an injection of exciting rides and IPs. Can’t believe there are still only 7 rides in this park after 20+ years!

Goodbye mr dangle ears. I liked a lot of the work he did but I think we need someone who can budget better. I wouldn't doubt that there are a number of all stars for cheaper waiting for this dude to go.