Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Lord of The Rings: The Rings of Power

So apparently this IP is now up for sale and can go for $2 billion. I really hope Amazon doesn't buy it up, but I'm curious to see where it'll end up. If Comcast gets it, they'd have their own big fantasy IP to pad out their content slate and of course rights for the land.

So apparently this IP is now up for sale and can go for $2 billion. I really hope Amazon doesn't buy it up, but I'm curious to see where it'll end up. If Comcast gets it, they'd have their own big fantasy IP to pad out their content slate and of course rights for the land.
If the TV Series is great, i'd think that Tolkein would just give the right to Amazon for film and merch as well as it would make the most sense to have both Film and Television under one tent, imo.

That's what we are discussing in the other thread. Who actually owns the theme park rights? Film and gaming rights aren't necessarily theme park rights.

The hate comes from many who dont like their are POC and female orcs...so im not sure if it will be good but i wont hate it until i see it

Many fans are calming they dont like it because its not canon but the LOTR films do some things different and no one cares and Blade runner 2, dr sleep, cobra kai and Top Gun 2 are also "not" canon as in the OG writers didn't come back and they turned out great.

The hate comes from many who dont like their are POC and female orcs...so im not sure if it will be good but i wont hate it until i see it

I really, REALLY don't know how to feel about that (I've seen it too). Like, I think about AtLA and how mad people were that they changed races in the movie--the different nations were meant to be modeled after certain races--so on one hand I can see a similar issue here. BUT, I still can't shake the feeling that at least some of these fans have less than innocent motivations.

I really, REALLY don't know how to feel about that (I've seen it too). Like, I think about AtLA and how mad people were that they changed races in the movie--the different nations were meant to be modeled after certain races--so on one hand I can see a similar issue here. BUT, I still can't shake the feeling that at least some of these fans have less than innocent motivations.
ATLA is to me different mainly because the OG creators left....like they didnt want to have anything to do with the show

Could ATLA be good....sure but the OG was also amazing already and doesn't need a remake...but I'm hearing we are getting movies for Korra and other avatars (animated) and those sound perfect.

Also like you said ATLA races were made with purpose, Lord of the rings just did Europe which we have seen 1,000 times and im fine with some added culture (if well done and not just thrown in because actor is POC)

I think I might not finish this

Like GOT hooked me with its plot but this....I just dont know yet if I care. I'll finish episode 2 and see if that hooks me but Episode one was very slow and nothing about it had to be LOTR...like kinda like the Halo show
Feels like companies should just make new IPs instead of using old Ips to bring people in but not be anything but generic. Anyway if you enjoy, I hope it gets a season two but they will need to cut the budget wayyyyy down I bet from the reviewers I watch most did not care for the show yet either