Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Lord of The Rings: The Rings of Power

People complained that the Hobbit felt like too much filler…Jesus this show makes that look like a sprint to the finish line.

I can say - this show is probably the most beautiful ever put on TV, but this story is so drawn out I’m losing interest and I love Lord of the Rings. Also, none of the main plot lines (save for maybe Galadriel and Elrond) are grabbing me.

Last edited:
People complained that the Hobbit felt like too much filler…Jesus this show makes that look like a sprint to the finish line.

I can say - this show is probably the most beautiful every put on TV, but this story is so drawn out I’m losing interest and I love Lord of the Rings. Also, none of the main plot lines (save for maybe Galadriel and Elrond) are grabbing me.
They need to hook me with Galadriel plot....because I already know how it ends.

Elrond on the other hand im more interested to see how his friendship will end up.

I agree, they have lots of mysteries going on but that also means until episode 9/10 we wont get any answers so unless there is a season two most the interesting things they can show us wont show up until the show is basically over

So i'm someone who has little interest in this franchise. Never seen any of the movies let alone am I familiar in any way with the books. I know this is a different LotR, so I can just jump right in here. The mixed reviews have sort of just kept me away so far, however I guess not seeing any other LotR project, maybe that won't matter much for me. :lol:

So i'm someone who has little interest in this franchise. Never seen any of the movies let alone am I familiar in any way with the books. I know this is a different LotR, so I can just jump right in here. The mixed reviews have sort of just kept me away so far, however I guess not seeing any other LotR project, maybe that won't matter much for me. :lol:

What is a pain is that the series doesn’t look all that great, but the loudest voices criticizing it are, well, a crowd that I don’t want to be associated with.

But I will say, if an LOTR land is going to be this and not the Jackson trilogy, I have no interest.

Last edited:
I’d argue while it does stand on its own - the show is literally only for diehard fans of the lore. It’s so detail oriented with little propulsion to the story.

A lot of the reviews I am seeing are complaining that this show is inventing stuff that is not in the books and yes they are because Amazon doesn't have the rights to anything outside of The Hobbit and LOTR books so they can pull from the appendixes from Return of the King but nothing from the Silmarillion etc, things are slow or seem to be as they are doing a lot of building but there is 50 hours of show in total so plenty of stuff to come.

Honestly having a blast with this show.

It caught onto me really well early on, and while EP2 did a smaller effort, everything after that felt good. Episode 5 might have the funniest line of the season, and some of the best performances too.

Me after Episode 6:

200.gif

Episode 6 might be one of the best episodes of television right now. How it concludes and begins new plotlines, how it's scale is appropriately shown; and that final 10 minutes. Bravo work to everyone on the show.

Not as much of a bombastic or large finale as I wished, but it helped fill in details that makes me intensely curious for Season 2.

Season 2's narrative beats seem to be pointing at this, and it makes me curious especially for how elements like the early foundations of Mordor are questioned when Sauron arrives. Really interested to know more on how we see the Dwarves tackle the line of succession, and how Sauron corrupts them when they make the rings themself.