Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Annual/Seasonal Pass Purchase Timelines

Jul 22, 2016
My annual pass (power) is coming up for renewal, expiring 2/6. Today I decided to be proactive and pay for my renewal to a (downgraded) seasonal pass. The thing is, I was planning to visit this weekend, thinking that my power pass would be valid for the remaining ~5 days of the pass year that I had paid for. But the Universal rep on the phone told me essentially that my power pass no longer exists, and when I go to the park from now through next Feb. 6, 2018, I am a seasonal passholder.

Can any more experienced passholders weigh in on if that's the case? I didn't realize assuming that my existing pass would not expire until its expiration date was that wild of an idea. It's not a huge deal, but I had been hoping to use my power pass discount on a friend's ticket, and I'd definitely like to know if this is standard operating procedure when next year's renewal comes around.

My annual pass (power) is coming up for renewal, expiring 2/6. Today I decided to be proactive and pay for my renewal to a (downgraded) seasonal pass. The thing is, I was planning to visit this weekend, thinking that my power pass would be valid for the remaining ~5 days of the pass year that I had paid for. But the Universal rep on the phone told me essentially that my power pass no longer exists, and when I go to the park from now through next Feb. 6, 2018, I am a seasonal passholder.

Can any more experienced passholders weigh in on if that's the case? I didn't realize assuming that my existing pass would not expire until its expiration date was that wild of an idea. It's not a huge deal, but I had been hoping to use my power pass discount on a friend's ticket, and I'd definitely like to know if this is standard operating procedure when next year's renewal comes around.

It's true. You can upgrade or downgrade your pass anytime while it is valid and you accept the new version you downgraded to.

Yea I found that out too when I wanted to upgrade to a premier one year. Basically you're starting a whole new pass, unlike Disney's program where it's a continuation.

I got my preferred pass in August of 2016, and shortly after they increased prices and added early park admission to the preferred AP. Do I get early park admission with my pass now even though I got the pass before it was added and haven't renewed yet, or do I have to wait for my pass to be up for renewal before that perk kicks in?

I got my preferred pass in August of 2016, and shortly after they increased prices and added early park admission to the preferred AP. Do I get early park admission with my pass now even though I got the pass before it was added and haven't renewed yet, or do I have to wait for my pass to be up for renewal before that perk kicks in?
Early admission IS included with your pass

Universal Orlando

Does anyone know if you can still renew and get the lower renewal price until a month past expiration? I renewed 2 of 3 passes so far, but am not sure if I can swing the next one before it expires.