Are Shows Universal? | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Are Shows Universal?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think they're more focused on street entertainment than sit down stuff. The pop up street shows are easy to change with the seasons and add life to the park. Something in an amphitheater is kind of hidden and it's always dispiriting to see people walking out mid show when kids get bored...

Reactions: HHN Maddux
I think they're more focused on street entertainment than sit down stuff. The pop up street shows are easy to change with the seasons and add life to the park. Something in an amphitheater is kind of hidden and it's always dispiriting to see people walking out mid show when kids get bored...

The pop-up street shows add life to a park that otherwise (talking about USF) would be quite stale. All, with the exception of Rockit, of the park's attractions are all indoors which doesn't provide any kinetic energy at all, so they need those shows to make the park feel "alive".

People want good seated shows, look at the popularity of Nightmare Fuel at HHN, Grinchmas, Bourne, Festival of the Lion King, Water World, etc.

Quality shows will always draw crowds... the lack of seated shows at Universal is one of their downfalls and needs to be corrected.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I think the pop-up side shows are a negative to the park as a whole. They clog the walkways, ruin the predetermined atmosphere of the park at any given moment, and generally just aren’t interesting (there’s only so much you can do with street props…not enough to make standing in the heat worth it).

It’s not an acceptable substitute for an actual show…put entertainment in the theaters where they belong so people who don’t care about them can avoid them and people who do like them can get taken off the sidewalks for an hour at a time.

Not everyone who goes/wants to go to the parks can walk around on their feet all day and do intense rides. Bourne helps, but another very solid sitdown show or 2 really helps the park experience for vacation goers.

2014, when Beetlejuice, T2, Animal Actors, Fear Factor, Disaster (kind of a show), and the shows in Diagon were added was peak for me at Universal. Twister could be added as well. It’s a lost art at the resort that I am hoping the rumored Wizarding and HTTYD shows at Epic Universe begin to correct.

Not everyone who goes/wants to go to the parks can walk around on their feet all day and do intense rides. Bourne helps, but another very solid sitdown show or 2 really helps the park experience for vacation goers.

2014, when Beetlejuice, T2, Animal Actors, Fear Factor, Disaster (kind of a show), and the shows in Diagon were added was peak for me at Universal. Twister could be added as well. It’s a lost art at the resort that I am hoping the rumored Wizarding and HTTYD shows at Epic Universe begin to correct.
I hear you, but right now the park has AA, Horror Makeup Show, and Bourne. Last two definitely skew older. Next year they’ll have something in the Barney building for kids. That’s four shows at Studios.

Islands is the park that needs a show.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I think the pop-up side shows are a negative to the park as a whole. They clog the walkways, ruin the predetermined atmosphere of the park at any given moment, and generally just aren’t interesting (there’s only so much you can do with street props…not enough to make standing in the heat worth it).

It’s not an acceptable substitute for an actual show…put entertainment in the theaters where they belong so people who don’t care about them can avoid them and people who do like them can get taken off the sidewalks for an hour at a time.

I don't disagree that they shouldn't be seen as actual shows... but street shows are positive to the overall experience. But I do agree that some of the shows (mainly that new one at Mel's) can be a bit too obtrusive and obnoxious.

A combination of sit down theater shows, that allow for guest relaxation/slowdown, and street shows, is the best result. Universal too easily gets reactive to sit down shows that don't have full capacity, But the solution is better quality, better scripted, shows. Sindbad was way too corny and Fear Factor just plain sucked, but alternatives were never attempted. With so many actors always looking for a full time gig, there should be no problem getting employees. Disney sit down shows play to full, or nearly full theaters. Universal should be able to do the same at both USF and IOA. This is one area where WDW Disney is much better than Universal Orlando.

Press release yesterday about the new DreamWorks Land stated

“The new DreamWorks land, coming to Universal Studios Florida, is part of a collection of new entertainment experiences debuting at Universal Orlando Resort in 2024”

To start some discussion
-We have a confirmed new fireworks show on the way
-Rumored new parade, no hard evidence or strong rumored details
-Mild rumors of new Hogwarts show

Think we can expect anything else? Maybe a show in one of the empty amphitheaters or CityWalk
A confirmed new fireworks show is confusing to me, Universal couldn't do fireworks due to the surrounding neigbourhoods right?
I hope Universal will star a night time parade. A day parade could be crowding the park but like the Mardi Grass parade it could be something to keep people into the park. Imagine a classic monsters float in black and white with all our favorite classic monsters that could become color and a bit more scary. A Mario Cart Rainbow road float with thousands of lights changing the rainbow. A back to the Future one with a DeLorean leaving a trail of fire. This parade would rock!
Filling in empty stadiums with quality entertainment is a must. Universal needs more seats so it can handle more butts.

As someone getting older (and not even really close to being old)

I agree, I love rides but not having cool places to relax and watch something sucks, especially during these summers which are only going to get hotter

As someone getting older (and not even really close to being old)

I agree, I love rides but not having cool places to relax and watch something sucks, especially during these summers which are only going to get hotter

It's why I've been selfishly wanting Universal to start building "calmer" less-motion base attractions that last longer than 3 minutes

Universal Orlando has debuted a new dance show featuring Gabby from Gabby’s Dollhouse.

What Ever Happened to the Mini Stunt show at USH? It happened a few times, was never added to the app as a show or anything