Attendance Tracker | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

Attendance Tracker

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Which i think is the point of it- i think they're noticing UK visitors are buying at the gate and not prescheduling and its throwing off their projections.
A lot of UK visitors are simply just not visiting Disney at all.
Our last 2 trips even my wife, who's a massive Disneyphile, suggested that we skip Disney and just do universal etc

Anecdotally I've heard more and more of that, especially UK visitors. Many I've talked to have been doing Universal and SeaWorld/Busch Gardens (and other non theme park stuff). I'd have to imagine those are the people Disney is targeting with these 2-day tickets.

Anecdotally I've heard more and more of that, especially UK visitors. Many I've talked to have been doing Universal and SeaWorld/Busch Gardens (and other non theme park stuff). I'd have to imagine those are the people Disney is targeting with these 2-day tickets.

Yeah when we came over in February we only had a week in Orlando so just did Universal and SeaWorld as a test to see if my Disney mad wife could "go all that way and not go to Disney" and it was so successful we will only be going to Disney once every few years despite probably being in Orlando 2/3 times a year.

Reactions: JoeCamel
We went 3 times in about 5 years. It's now more than 10 years since we've been to WDW. Nothing they have build entice me to go. The last time we were there we had some bad encounters with bathrooms and cast member and the Magic Band thing is not how I want to do a park but have the feeling if I don't I miss out on stuff.
On the other hand I enjoyed myself immensely every single time going to Universal. I enjoyed all the expansions and had a relaxing time.

Reactions: JoeCamel
A lot of UK visitors are simply just not visiting Disney at all.
Our last 2 trips even my wife, who's a massive Disneyphile, suggested that we skip Disney and just do universal etc

I went to Disney on my last trip but it was a last minute decision to go but we had a blast at Disney. I think the low expectations was a major factor in it. I'm planning a trip back to Orlando next year and I think TSL and Avatar are the only thing encouraging me to return.

Ok guys back on topic. This thread has gone from objective facts and educated opinions to "well this is what I do".

I think this is still a relevant point as it's showing how people's travel plans are changing and this is showing why a possible decline in attendance is happening.

All disappointment I heard from people in UK regarding Disney is that is was 'dated' when compared to Uni. Now they're investing again I think the principal concerns I've heard will be addressed...all be it not fast enough.

When you only visit once every few years, if even that (it's expensive!) you expect new things. I was slightly taken aback in 2015 how little had changed in over a decade at Disney. At the time as well it was doom and gloom, Star Wars and Toy Story hadn't been announced, or the Epcot redo, so we couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel...it felt in a terminal decline.

Now I can see some movement on projects and rumours are coming thick and fast, it feels fresh again...and it makes me appreciate the classics more and not look at them with a slight resentment.

The pound is slowly recovering and there's some cracking deals to be had to America. Cheap UK tourist destinations like Turkey, Egypt, Morocco and Tunisia are out of bounds for the masses, forcing up the prices at the likes of Spain and Portugal. This is reducing the price difference between what was once a cheap getaway to Europe and a trip to Florida. The pound to euro is also trash at the moment. UK people will never not go on holiday...it's what can lure them once everything's weighed up.

I know of more people going to Orlando this year than I think I have ever known.

All disappointment I heard from people in UK regarding Disney is that is was 'dated' when compared to Uni. Now they're investing again I think the principal concerns I've heard will be addressed...all be it not fast enough.

When you only visit once every few years, if even that (it's expensive!) you expect new things. I was slightly taken aback in 2015 how little had changed in over a decade at Disney. At the time as well it was doom and gloom, Star Wars and Toy Story hadn't been announced, or the Epcot redo, so we couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel...it felt in a terminal decline.

Now I can see some movement on projects and rumours are coming thick and fast, it feels fresh again...and it makes me appreciate the classics more and not look at them with a slight resentment.

The pound is slowly recovering and there's some cracking deals to be had to America. Cheap UK tourist destinations like Turkey, Egypt, Morocco and Tunisia are out of bounds for the masses, forcing up the prices at the likes of Spain and Portugal. This is reducing the price difference between what was once a cheap getaway to Europe and a trip to Florida. The pound to euro is also trash at the moment. UK people will never not go on holiday...it's what can lure them once everything's weighed up.

I know of more people going to Orlando this year than I think I have ever known.

IDK, I visit Universal once a month and it seems every other visit there is something new opening up..I still think Disney is dragging their feet

Old news, but still of interest to have it confirmed. In 2016, MK went to phase closing exactly 1 day (Christmas). Normally that figure is in double digits.

Equally telling, Disney so convinced of success of Pandora, not letting DAK cast park there this Summer. Instead, converting a lot of Villains to DAK parking, will bus CMs over. That's like 10% of MK parking they plan on not having to use this season.

Old news, but still of interest to have it confirmed. In 2016, MK went to phase closing exactly 1 day (Christmas). Normally that figure is in double digits.

Equally telling, Disney so convinced of success of Pandora, not letting DAK cast park there this Summer. Instead, converting a lot of Villains to DAK parking, will bus CMs over. That's like 10% of MK parking they plan on not having to use this season.

New Fantasyland raised the park capacity as well though. And it's interesting, when you reach the old phase capacity levels it seems guests don't want to be there and start to defect to the other parks and so it self limits below the new higher capacity. There is not a big difference between old and new capacity limits, at least not in MK crowd terms.

New Fantasyland raised the park capacity as well though. And it's interesting, when you reach the old phase capacity levels it seems guests don't want to be there and start to defect to the other parks and so it self limits below the new higher capacity. There is not a big difference between old and new capacity limits, at least not in MK crowd terms.

Well, raised capacity to past numbers after closing parts of the park since the 90s.

Well, raised capacity to past numbers after closing parts of the park since the 90s.

I'm not sure I get this. I mean, I recall 20K being over in that area and sure it had a S L O W moving queue.

But, I really do not recall walking on the lagoon, nor sitting in the cave for dinner.

I have not been since they expanded the hub or anything, but I figure the park itself can handle more standing room and can service more folks with the restaurant and taverns.

I do admit ride capacity probably isn't much different since the 90's and I have no clue how they judge when to start phase closing and I am sure attendance is down (or maybe even more spread out throughout the year)... who knows.

Really, I just wanted to ask what is meant when folks say this as, just looking at it from what the fire department might list as max capacity, but maybe you are looking at it from comfort level/ride capacity with the 90's comparison?