Attendance Tracker | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

Attendance Tracker

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm not sure I get this. I mean, I recall 20K being over in that area and sure it had a S L O W moving queue.

But, I really do not recall walking on the lagoon, nor sitting in the cave for dinner.

I have not been since they expanded the hub or anything, but I figure the park itself can handle more standing room and can service more folks with the restaurant and taverns.

I do admit ride capacity probably isn't much different since the 90's and I have no clue how they judge when to start phase closing and I am sure attendance is down (or maybe even more spread out throughout the year)... who knows.

Really, I just wanted to ask what is meant when folks say this as, just looking at it from what the fire department might list as max capacity, but maybe you are looking at it from comfort level/ride capacity with the 90's comparison?

Capacity removed between the 90s and NFL opening:

Dual Mr Toad
Adventureland Veranda (now reopened, still lowered capacity than original)
Skyway
Snow White

It's both ride capacity and park capacity. Also they factored in some sort of "magical" capacity increase due to MM+.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Yet in that time the annual attendance has increased by several million. There's more room for bodies, less for those bodies to do.

Reactions: Quint
The hub is HUGE now and the backstage bypass walkway. The loop behind 7DMT and the Circus area (which is wider than Toontown was) added more as well.

Reactions: JoeCamel
(or maybe even more spread out throughout the year)

I'm really starting to think this is it. Last night--a nothing Saturday in early May--saw MK parking back to the third lots, and despite a 11:00 pm close, still had packed monorails and traffic jams in the parking lots after midnight (when theoretically the monorails should already have been done). I hear EPCOT was much the same.

Is it guests without school-age kids taking advantage of lower rates? Did adding parking make seasonal APs more desirable? Probably all this and more. But last night was busier than Easter week nights with a 1 a.m. close, Ops hasn't figured out this pattern yet.

I'm really starting to think this is it. Last night--a nothing Saturday in early May--saw MK parking back to the third lots, and despite a 11:00 pm close, still had packed monorails and traffic jams in the parking lots after midnight (when theoretically the monorails should already have been done). I hear EPCOT was much the same.

Is it guests without school-age kids taking advantage of lower rates? Did adding parking make seasonal APs more desirable? Probably all this and more. But last night was busier than Easter week nights with a 1 a.m. close, Ops hasn't figured out this pattern yet.

Wanted to mention this was the last full weekend of Wishes.

The hub is HUGE now and the backstage bypass walkway. The loop behind 7DMT and the Circus area (which is wider than Toontown was) added more as well.

Also, new Dumbo.

But attendance has completely outpaced capacity. The hub project was done out of necessity. It would have been nice if they kept adding attractions to keep pace rather than having to play catch-up like this.

Reactions: Quint

In addition to the crowds I understand there is reduced staffing. Maybe it is the naysayers with this but if true it will add to the slow flow of the guests.

I don't think it was attendance but lines were SO LONG this weekend. I'm talking about 105 minutes for ToT and 130 minutes for Rockin Rollercoaster at noon. They were also fluctuating a decent amount, with times going +/- 45 minutes within a half hour. I think this was more of Disney's trend right now of decreased customer service/ guest satisfaction.

I don't think it was attendance but lines were SO LONG this weekend. I'm talking about 105 minutes for ToT and 130 minutes for Rockin Rollercoaster at noon. They were also fluctuating a decent amount, with times going +/- 45 minutes within a half hour. I think this was more of Disney's trend right now of decreased customer service/ guest satisfaction.

We're the wait times accurate at least? When a park only has a handful of rides it will only take something like an older than usual crowd or an RV going down for it to inflate all the wait times.

The last thing they need is an issue with either one of those rides so I imagine they are wrapping them in cotton wool for the next year at least.

We're the wait times accurate at least? When a park only has a handful of rides it will only take something like an older than usual crowd or an RV going down for it to inflate all the wait times.

The last thing they need is an issue with either one of those rides so I imagine they are wrapping them in cotton wool for the next year at least.

Couldn't say, we didn't wait for them. The park did seem packed though.

A laptop ban could extend to all international flights, US Homeland Security chief says

Yea, I don't see this helping travel to the states at all and now new reports are coming out that people not visiting are those from the Middle East (when the royal family visits Disney makes a lot of money) and those from South and Central America (Less Brazilian groups). Now the laptop ban probably will effect UK travelers who come for three weeks who do work on the laptops on their flight over or to post things and get on IU.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
Reactions: Mad Dog
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/01/business/media/disney-theme-parks-universal-attendance.html?_r=0

In a rare slowdown in one of the hottest areas of the entertainment business, attendance declined at 13 of 14 Disney theme parks around the world in 2016 compared with 2015, according to an independent report released on Thursday. Higher prices, intended in part to ease crowding at certain parks, were a major contributor, analysts said.
We were way ahead of the curve here on IU (OU). We've been talking about this for over a year, much of it on this thread. :thumbsup: