Beluga Whale Pregnancy? | Inside Universal Forums

Beluga Whale Pregnancy?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not all of the time, didn't happen with most recent ones such as Takara, Kalia or Luna.

The educators at Wild Arctic have been denying this pregnancy for weeks.

Last edited:
It's part of their job to not release info to the public until they are allowed to.

There is so much that can go wrong with a pregnancy, it's better to wait to make an announcement until you are sure everything is OK, and even then there's so much risk they'd have to announce that something went wrong. There's a much higher mortality rate in animal pregnancies than in humans, and so many times they end badly.

Reactions: MakoMania
Not all of the time, didn't happen with most recent ones such as Takara, Kalia or Luna.

The educators at Wild Arctic have been denying this pregnancy for weeks.
They only announced Takara's cause they wanted people to know since they were ending the breeding program. Kamogawa announced Luna and Lynn because they were moving whales to Nagoya to have more room for the births.

Guests knew about Kalia's before SeaWorld announced it. She was looking larger, which had people wondering, but then someone posted a video of her having an ultrasound and you could see the fetus on the screen. SeaWorld ended up confirming it soon after. Most of the time, the whales start looking pregnant which start rumors, eventually the parks announce it, though sometimes they just wait for the birth without saying anything. By that time, people know they are pregnant though just because they have gained so much weight. The parks are pretty hush hush for as long as they can, but the frequent guests are the ones who notice the pregnancies before an announcement. Guests also knew about the pregnancies of Sakari, Taima's 2010 calf, Makaio, Adan, Moana, Victoria, Makani, Keijo and Kamea all before they were announced. I don't think Adan, Moana, Victoria or Keijo were even announced by the parks if I remember correctly. And these are just some of the more recent births.

When I said Luna I meant SWSA's Luna not Kamagowa's, sorry didn't think of that clash!

Regardless, I'm excited to see a Beluga pregnancy in Orlando, she's been getting big so it's not exactly a surprise but good to have it confirmed!

When I said Luna I meant SWSA's Luna not Kamagowa's, sorry didn't think of that clash!

Regardless, I'm excited to see a Beluga pregnancy in Orlando, she's been getting big so it's not exactly a surprise but good to have it confirmed!
Oh haha! I thought it was kind of strange that you added a Kamogawa orca in that mix!

Me too! I really hope it goes well! Would love to have a beluga calf in Orlando!

Reactions: MakoMania