Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Best Steak at Universal?

Khaki and polo works for Palm
We always eat at the Bar, never the Dining room. Great service, good people. Dress all day in work, not gonna' dress on vacation. We have never felt out of place wearing tee's and shorts.
Try the 12 oz Filet, little pricy at $52 but fantastic. Sides are good but overpriced but the family size will feed three or four.

Palm Restaurant

bone-in-tomahawk-rib.jpg

Ate at the Palm on Thursday evening. Excellent meal and fantastic staff. Our server , Megan Lacy, was one of the best servers I've ever experienced at a restaurant anywhere. Super polite, attentive to all of our dinner needs, extremely knowledgeable, and quick to take care of our requests. I highly recommend that you consider requesting her as your server.......Edit: .and no issues with dress code. I just had a t-shirt on since I was at the parks all day and was staying downtown. No one said anything about that, so it's obvious the dress code is relaxed. It seemed about half the customers were dressed up and about half were very casual, so neither seemed out of place.....the experience was soooo good, I made reservations for dinner during our December vacation...

Last edited:
Ate at the Palm on Thursday evening. Excellent meal and fantastic staff. Our server , Megan Lacy, was one of the best servers I've ever experienced at a restaurant anywhere. Super polite, attentive to all of our dinner needs, extremely knowledgeable, and quick to take care of our requests. I highly recommend that you consider requesting her as your server.......Edit: .and no issues with dress code. I just had a t-shirt on since I was at the parks all day and was staying downtown. No one said anything about that, so it's obvious the dress code is relaxed. It seemed about half the customers were dressed up and about half were very casual, so neither seemed out of place.....the experience was soooo good, I made reservations for dinner during our December vacation...

Thanks for the tips Mad dog, I’ll be sure to request her when we go. Also good news on the dress code. Are reservations highly recommended here or can we play it by ear?

Thanks for the tips Mad dog, I’ll be sure to request her when we go. Also good news on the dress code. Are reservations highly recommended here or can we play it by ear?
When I asked, they said a week ahead of the requested date is recommended. They were completely filled, but very accommodating. My brother got stuck in a traffic jam due to the thousands Microsoft was busing in that night (they bought out both parks), so he was about 15-20 minutes late for his reservation, but they still took good care of us....and...the server said she generally works Thurs. Fri. Sat., but her other days rotate......my brother got day of reservations, but he's a Hard Rock hotel program member so that might have figured in.