Blumhouse's Five Nights at Freddys | Inside Universal Forums

Blumhouse's Five Nights at Freddys

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
It has been announced, that Christopher Columbus, the writer and director of iconic films like Home Alone, Harry Potter and The Sorcerers Stone, Rent, and more; is writing, producing, and directing the Blumhouse adaptation of the cult classic video game franchise, Five Nights at Freddy's.

‘Five Night At Freddy’s’ Finds Director In ‘Harry Potter’s Chris Columbus | Deadline

The film, to be released by Blumhouse, has had trouble. So-far to my knowledge, it is no longer at Warner Bros Pictures following issues that were caused by the Studio, as Scott Cawthon; series creator, will help produce the film alongside Jason Blum.

No release date was given for the film.

What do you think of the announcement? Are you interested to see what Blumhouse and Chris could do with the video game IP, or are you thinking this may end up as a Silent Hill or Resident Evil? Comment down below!

It has been announced, that Christopher Columbus, the writer and director of iconic films like Home Alone, Harry Potter and The Sorcerers Stone, Rent, and more; is writing, producing, and directing the Blumhouse adaptation of the cult classic video game franchise, Five Nights at Freddy's.

‘Five Night At Freddy’s’ Finds Director In ‘Harry Potter’s Chris Columbus | Deadline

The film, to be released by Blumhouse, has had trouble. So-far to my knowledge, it is no longer at Warner Bros Pictures following issues that were caused by the Studio, as Scott Cawthon; series creator, will help produce the film alongside Jason Blum.

No release date was given for the film.

What do you think of the announcement? Are you interested to see what Blumhouse and Chris could do with the video game IP, or are you thinking this may end up as a Silent Hill or Resident Evil? Comment down below!
Makes me wonder if it's coming to HHN sometime. :lol:

It seems as if the Blumhouse project is shaping up to be a trilogy. He is also working with his co-writer from the books on the project.

The film, will be based off of the first game of the series; while the second film; would be based off of the second title.

Reactions: Magic-Man
It seems as if the Blumhouse project is shaping up to be a trilogy. He is also working with his co-writer from the books on the project.

The film, will be based off of the first game of the series; while the second film; would be based off of the second title.

Not exactly, from what I’ve heard. The films will be an entire separate entity.

Also, interestingly enough, the movie won’t be titled Five Nights at Freddy’s. Wonder what it’ll be titled? Fazbear’s?

Not exactly, from what I’ve heard. The films will be an entire separate entity.

Also, interestingly enough, the movie won’t be titled Five Nights at Freddy’s. Wonder what it’ll be titled? Fazbear’s?

From the horses mouth

I’ve been working with Kira (my co-writer on the books) over the last several months working up a first draft for the movie script. As I mentioned in my interview with Dawko, many people have attempted (but none have succeeded) making something I was really happy with. It’s difficult to write a script for this. I even wrote two full scripts myself that were not great, but they had a lot of good elements which I was finally able to put to use in the most recent version. On that note, I’m happy to announce that the first draft of Five Nights at Freddy’s is finished! Jason Blum read it and thought it was great, although it will still need some work. The important thing, however, is that we've got a story! It will focus on the setting and events of the first game, while the second movie (if we get to make one) would be based on the second game, etc.

I’ve also been rolling around the idea in my head of going ahead and writing a draft for a second and third movie while everyone else is busy with the first, just to make sure that there is a solid story to be told, even if they never get made.

So, I’ll keep the movie news updated here:

Five Nights at Freddy’s (first movie): First Draft Complete!
Five Nights at Freddy’s 2: Outline Created
Five Nights at Freddy’s 3: Outline Created

Upcoming Projects Mega-Thread! :: Ultimate Custom Night General Discussions

No need to fret, we are all idiots in our own way.

But yeah, it seems this may be an expanded version of the first game. And in that case, hopefully; it gives more for the story that we can understand for the first game and how it connects for the lore.

If I had to take a guess, Fredbear/Golden Freddy will have the biggest role in the movie, considering that they’re not doing FNAF 4. Springtrap/Purple Guy will be set up in Easter eggs, so that he can be the main villain in FNAF 3.

If I had to take a guess, Fredbear/Golden Freddy will have the biggest role in the movie, considering that they’re not doing FNAF 4. Springtrap/Purple Guy will be set up in Easter eggs, so that he can be the main villain in FNAF 3.

I would assume Cassidy (Golden Freddy) would probably be featured heavily, considering how that character has been seemingly been laid out for the future. It would make sense to have that be a part of the script, considering if Scott is involved heavily.

Reactions: Magic-Man
They're going to be six years too late when this is released. The craze is already over. If they were smart, they would wait until 2024 to cash in on the "nostalgia factor".

They're going to be six years too late when this is released. The craze is already over. If they were smart, they would wait until 2024 to cash in on the "nostalgia factor".

That's where you're a bit wrong. There's a major multiplayer video game coming out in 2021 (made by Universal themselves, surprisingly), and a sequel to the hit VR game is also in the works for next year. All of the original games are coming to consoles. The books are best-sellers. And I have a feeling that HHN 2021 will have a FNAF haunted house.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
*looks at the time*

Well, this is definitely something. That said--production will begin in Spring, and the script is finalized as it seems.

The Link

Chris Columbus is still as it seems on, and the story they're going is apparently based off the "Mike" screenplay they've been tooling.