Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Bring Space Fantasy to Orlando?

Feb 26, 2014
With all of the hoopla over bringing in IP's and building lands, I feel like we miss out on some fun stand alone attractions. One that I recently saw is from Universal Studios Japan called Space Fantasy, which looks like it could a fun family ride with lots of cool effects. I wonder if universal orlando would ever consider building a ride similar to this:

Spinning, dark coaster with interactive elements. I know we have the mummy, but it would be great to have a fun space ride too :)

If ET stays for a while longer, I could see something similar to Space Fantasy replace it but not in that theme.

Nintendo has one IP in particular, that would fit in with what is coming in general that in theory; wouldn't even require them to remove the showbuilding for it. I'll leave it at that.

There was a lot o talk on the OU forums three or four years ago by people hoping for Space Fantasy to come to Orlando. But, for some reason the talk disappeared, and this is the first discussion that I can recall for a long time....

Though 100% designed by UC, its impractical for stateside. The reason why it does well in Japan is because its cute. Cute doesn't fly well in the United States nor would it fit the tween and cool demo despite being so awesome. But of note, in Japan they have been using it for VR overlays.

Though 100% designed by UC, its impractical for stateside. The reason why it does well in Japan is because its cute. Cute doesn't fly well in the United States nor would it fit the tween and cool demo despite being so awesome.

I think a slightly westernized version of it could have been terrific for a hypothetical revamped - and renamed - KidZone that wasn’t dominated/replaced by just a single I.P./concept (i.e. Nintendo).

If HRRR didn't fail so badly, I could see a world where this gets built.

But, since it was, I think Universal is out of the coaster business, unless there's an IP involved

If HRRR didn't fail so badly, I could see a world where this gets built.

But, since it was, I think Universal is out of the coaster business, unless there's an IP involved
Sure, it was delayed, but I feel that HRRR did exactly what it was supposed to do..

I agree with you in that Space Fantasy wouldn't happen without an IP...It would be cool to see a re-skinned version of it though with an IP of some kind

I say yes.

Keep in mind, more than half the year space fantasy is a coaster based off of an IP. At USJ it has an overlay about 75% of the time. Would be cool to have a coaster here that they can overlay whenever they want to.

Sure, it was delayed, but I feel that HRRR did exactly what it was supposed to do..

I agree with you in that Space Fantasy wouldn't happen without an IP...It would be cool to see a re-skinned version of it though with an IP of some kind
Could've been a cool ride for Star Trek...

After all, they were looking into using that IP a few years back.

Not sure how realistic this is since it seems they’re changing the hub design from what we saw in the concept art. We’ll see how different it is in the final product but seems like a decent attraction to me