Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Captain EO closing permanently December 6

I think everyone is missing the point of why Disney is doing this. No one sees Captain EO. The theater is not packed and most times half empty. They are going to need a TON of capacity when Frozen opens up. The third theater will help a little, but they need more. Putting Pixar name on anything will bring in WAY more guests than Captain EO did. They don't have time to build a whole new ride in that area, so doing this will help them. I don't think anyone thinks this is permanent. This is to help them until they can redo this whole pavilion. I think they are doing this now to test it during Christmas crowds to see how popular or unpopular it will be and if they fill the theater like they want to.

Also, mot everyone uses netflix or has seen these shorts. So it would be new for those people. Also, it will have a slight spin on it for those that have seen it, since it will be in 4D. This is not something that they are looking for people to return to over and over. They just need to handle crowds in Epcot.

I think we will see a couple other small things done to Epcot to get it ready for Frozen opening.

i don't know with how long the frozen waits will be i think whats gonna happen is people are gonna go straight for frozen ride then do meet and greet then leave Epcot and go to magic kingdom to finish the day for some reason i don't think the extra 5-10k people will effect the waits for Epcot almost at all except for maybe sorin and test track

i don't know with how long the frozen waits will be i think whats gonna happen is people are gonna go straight for frozen ride then do meet and greet then leave Epcot and go to magic kingdom to finish the day for some reason i don't think the extra 5-10k people will effect the waits for Epcot almost at all except for maybe sorin and test track

People won't do this. Normal week long vacation people will spend a 1/2 to a full day at Epcot if the Frozen ride draws them here. While here they will look for kid like rides or rides they can do rider swap. So this will put some heavy strain on the side of the park where this is. They will go see Nemo (my daughter always asks to ride this even though she has gone on it hundreds of times), they will do Soarin (most 4+ kids can get on this), The land, Imagination, and now this. Because EO was not a draw for that crowd, but now it will be. You have to remember people with kids at the Frozen age don't quickly go to any ride and then quickly leave anything. The kids won't let them because they will see and what to do more and it is a pain to do that kind of stuff with most kids. I have very easy going children and we travel all over the place with them. Most people with kids think we are insane and I still would not do what you are saying. I would go and do Soarin, Test Track, Nemo, The Land, and even probably this since it would be new to my daughter and give a nice nap break for my baby.

Also, keep in mind they WANT to keep people in Epcot longer because that will help with the other parks and capacity issues.

Because of crazy popularity frozen will gain, the entire park is most likely gonna have to keep up with it in some way shape or form. If not, guest experiences are gonna plummet and Epcot will be a nightmare. This will most likely do the same as EO, nobody saw the movie previews and I predict this will follow suit

With Soarin closed and mobs of people wanting to ride the expected low capacity Frozen attraction, I think there will be definite guest satisfaction issues. People are not going to get fastpasses unless they get on the computer the moment they are available for on site hotel ticket holders (60 days prior). Off site hotel people will be out of luck. Have fun in the three hour standby line.

With Soarin closed and mobs of people wanting to ride the expected low capacity Frozen attraction, I think there will be definite guest satisfaction issues. People are not going to get fastpasses unless they get on the computer the moment they are available for on site hotel ticket holders (60 days prior). Off site hotel people will be out of luck. Have fun in the three hour standby line.

Is Soarin really going to be closed when Frozen opens? I thought they would bothink open around the same time? Disney is crazy if theyou dont. Of course based on past actions they are a little crazy lol

Is Soarin really going to be closed when Frozen opens? I thought they would bothink open around the same time? Disney is crazy if theyou dont. Of course based on past actions they are a little crazy lol
It's not that they are crazy, they just don't care.

The tentative schedule has Soarin closed when Frozen is supposed to open.

would you rather go to Epcot when frozen opens or go to animal kingdom when avatar opens which would the the worst of the two

Yeah avatar is 2 rides along with a giant new land to explore, probably filling in tons of people. Frozen is one low capacity ride in a park that can barely take Christmas week, without it's main ride soarin. It's gonna be hell

AK for sure. People get spread out in that park because of all the animal attractions and shows. Also, the new stuff will have higher capacity than Frozen. I would love to know what idiot thought it was a good idea to take one of the lowest capacity rides in the parks and put your most popular IP in it. Seriously? That person should be fired.

AK for sure. People get spread out in that park because of all the animal attractions and shows. Also, the new stuff will have higher capacity than Frozen. I would love to know what idiot thought it was a good idea to take one of the lowest capacity rides in the parks and put your most popular IP in it. Seriously? That person should be fired.

They were probably promoted for a low cost, high profit idea. :lol:

actually did anyone else hear about the fact the world showcase has multiple unused ride buildings that were built but never had rides put in there is suppose to be one i think in Germany and maybe japan as well

actually did anyone else hear about the fact the world showcase has multiple unused ride buildings that were built but never had rides put in there is suppose to be one i think in Germany and maybe japan as well

Just google the map, easy way to find out if this rumor is true or not. And from me looking, I would say it is false.