Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Carsland - Disneyland Paris?

Ash

Mar 10, 2013
I thought I would post this here...

So, I work for a close affiliate of Disney today and was told by our head of licensing that Carsland is coming to DLP...

I'm going to do some more digging but we had one slide on Cars as a franchise and it had a picture of RSR's and was told that it is set to come to Paris.

The money situation is dire, but the only way they'll make more money is by increasing capacity and drawing new crowds with new attractions. now TWDC has taken on their Bank Debts they'll have more flexibility.

I'll be at DLP in a few weeks and I'll be happy to report back. Not gonna lie, I am nervous about ops there compared to DLR and WDW. I've heard some...interesting stuff.

I went to DLP once probably 118 years ago. Is it really not good? I will ask our licensing team on what they say about cars land tomorrow.

I'll be at DLP in a few weeks and I'll be happy to report back. Not gonna lie, I am nervous about ops there compared to DLR and WDW. I've heard some...interesting stuff.
I was hoping to visit later this year...it'll be interesting to see the state of the resort.

Where are you staying?

It is definitely different, it's almost as if the french opened it without actually knowing that WDW and DLR exist. Just be ready for moody employees!

Where are you staying?

It is definitely different, it's almost as if the french opened it without actually knowing that WDW and DLR exist. Just be ready for moody employees!

Oh gosh. I'll be staying in Newport Bay Club.

Honestly, I'm most excited for Phantom Manor. It's literally been my dream to ride it for years and years.

Oh gosh. I'll be staying in Newport Bay Club.

Newport Bay has just been renovated, we've been toying with a short break there in off season. Should be good :thumbsup:

I agree with Skip, PM is not any better than HM. TM and PotC are definitely better. Space Mountain might be shut now as I seem to remember its going down for a looooong refurb

Leaving it to rot is a bit harsh. Yes there are alot of photos online, but much of the content is old and fan sites are not updated as often as WDW and DLR. They are putting the effort in, repainting is now constant with a push for the next big anniversary.

SO, I quizzed our licensing team... turns out they know poop!
They said it's "uh uh... it's not DLP it's WDW and it's already open with a new ride coming next year"

God knows what they are on about... I can only assume they mean DCA and the ride opening next year will be the replacement for Lugi's flying tyres... sorry guys... i get teased for knowing more about the licences we deal with than the licensing team do but I thought they might have had a scoop here and not that they were just clueless.

Don't get me started on people that get parks mixed up!

Honestly, I'm most excited for Phantom Manor. It's literally been my dream to ride it for years and years.

I found it to be kind of disappointing. It's still a great ride, but I hyped it up in my mind and it didn't really deliver.

I love Phantom Manor being fortunate enough to attend both DLP and Disney World quite frequently lately I think PM destroys the haunted mansion. Looks inside and out. Watch the windows outside the PM as you leave the ride. :)

So I returned from my trip to Disneyland Paris and I had a great time. Just wanted to share a few thoughts..

Phantom Manor was exactly what I dreamed of and more! Such a great variation on our classic. The loading zone is beautiful and it was different enough that it absolutely made it worth it. Also, never a wait so got to ride that a few times.

Big Thunder Mountain is a HUGE thrill here. So much fun and absolutely love the bits in the dark. It's hard for me to say it's the best BTMR so easily because it's missing a lot of effects that we have between both stateside parks, lighting, water, etc. But track-wise, it's easily the best.

Pirates was a very nice interpretation of it, but I didn't think it was different enough being that it was built so many years later than the original, but I did like the one projection effect. Still, I think Disneyland's still takes the cake for the best Pirates.

This was the best version of It's a Small World I'd ridden yet. Their Peter Pan was fantastic too.

I'd read some rumblings about how bad in shape some of the attractions here were and I hate to say that it's true. Most of it looked like it was just paint that it was in dire need of... and it's not like Disney can't afford paint. Also I had heard mentions of duct tape being used in Star Tours.. which I did find and also saw in Buzz Lightyear too. It's just Park Operations mostly where it falters. SO many closed things from attractions to restaurants to food carts.

But it still didn't deter from an enjoyable time. They easily have the best castle and THE best nighttime show in Disney Dreams. Saw it twice because i enjoyed it that much.

But hands down my favorite ride across the whole resort.. Crush's Coaster. What a freakin' blast. It totally made up for Space Mountain being closed because, if you didn't know, it's basically a spinning coaster in the dark. That's the one thing I would love to bring to the States with me. But alas, Toy Story Playland it is.

Were there a lot of construction walls up as I had read that DLP is going through a lot of updates/refurbs atm ? And I really should visit as it is just a train ride(ish) away from me :p

Were there a lot of construction walls up as I had read that DLP is going through a lot of updates/refurbs atm ? And I really should visit as it is just a train ride(ish) away from me :p

Discoveryland was pretty much entirely behind construction walls, minus Star Tours and Buzz. And Star Tours definitely should have been updated by now too but if you want a super retro experience, check it out.

Also, the carousel was behind walls, which isn't a big deal except for the fact that it's the first thing you see once you enter from the castle.