Celestial Park (Epic Universe) | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Celestial Park (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In that case, Univeral probably just trademarked Stardust on the 1% chance the trademark dispute is upheld...

Seems like nothing more than a battle between lawyers performing the motions of due dilligence, irrespective of whether the dilligence is due.

Reactions: Clive
I'd throw it out the window since this is a non-issue. This is how stupid the whole thing is...

Example: Whatever the first Hotel to exist with "hotel" in their official copyright name should demand no other "hotel" use the word.

Cedar Point's "MAGNUM" XL-200.... so what came first? Magnum the coaster? Magnum condoms? Magnum ice cream..

So ridiculous.

They could call it the Woopty Doo Racers and I wouldn't care but here are a few more options:

- Constellation Racers
- Meteor Racers
- Back To The Stars Racers
- Spaceport Beta Racers
- The Huge and Epic Racing Coasters That Goes Up And Down...Racers

The World Wildlife Fund successfully made the World Wrestling Federation change their name.

While I agree it's dumb, don't just assume Uni will win.
To add: I remember when this when it happened and the main cause was because the initials (WWF), not full name when written out.

The "Fund" has indicated that although the two organizations are very different, there is the likelihood of confusion in the market place by virtue of the fact that both organizations use the letters WWF.
Source: Correcting The Record On Why The WWF Changed Its Name To WWE

This is just scummy on so many levels. They didn’t come up with the term, and they are other groups who use starfall in their products and services like Starfall Ball.
If you don’t defend your trademarks they can lose their validity - doubt they actually care about the coaster specifically but their attorney told them they needed to do it.
A quick search led me to a game that is actually called Starfall Racers on their site: Racers

I think it's actually called "Average Racers" as it's a math game but point still stands. I can see where the confusion can come from easily if you're looking up "Starfall Racers."

I like Stardust Racers as an alternate and it's similar enough to retain the same concept. Shame though, I was liking the idea of a dueling coaster for kids as an introduction to the bigger ride.