Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Character Meet and Greet

Yea that the most excited character i have ever seen. Kudos to his work. But we really need to get rid of some of our characters. I loved crash as a kid but he and other have become irrelevant. But really what other could we see in the park? Terminator(would be awesome) is still very iconic, More monsters?

When they had that little temporary character show on the lower lot during Transformers construction, I laughed SO hard when they announcement was like "Hey everyone! Get ready to see this show with all of your FAVORITE cartoon friends!"

Um....name me one little kid who knows who the Universal cartoon characters. Kinda sad haha

Isn't universals only cartoon character that is somewhat known woody woodpecker. When was the last crash bandicoot was out and about recently?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if the new Spongebob can do the same moves. Haha. Very cool. You wouldn't find that at Disney, wouldn't you?

Isn't universals only cartoon character that is somewhat known woody woodpecker. When was the last crash bandicoot was out and about recently?
Isn't he still in the character trolly dance?

I don't know if he still is in the trolly dance haven't seen it in a while. So true you wouldn't see that at Disney imagine if Mickey Mouse tried that.

While in the park on friday 4/26 I meet this new sponge bob and wow is he energetic. He was walking by were i was standing and he just got all huggy and in picture mode. LOL. I was like ok here take a pic. This new suit with actual hands is way better then the old. The new question is were will sponge bob be when they close curious George? Will his meet and greet area close also? and why wasnt the blast zone bikini bottom?

I've never ever seen Crash at the park! Is he gone?

Edit: Neeevermind. Haha. Shows how much I pay attention. Just curious, why was he part of the character line up in the first place? He's just a video game character, isn't he?

I've never ever seen Crash at the park! Is he gone?

Edit: Neeevermind. Haha. Shows how much I pay attention. Just curious, why was he part of the character line up in the first place? He's just a video game character, isn't he?
The last I saw of Crash was two years ago, and I haven't seen him since.

As for hi appearances, he has a long history with Universal. The first 3 games of the series were published / produced by Universal Interactive Studios in conjunction with Sony Computer Entertainment, an agreement that began in 1994. Universal Sound Studios did the sound effects for the game. When the deal with SCE ended, Vivendi had the rights to the character. At the time, it was Vivendi Universal, so the could put the character into the parks if they wanted. Since then, with Vivendi no longer part of Universal and Activision holding the rights to Crash, he's vanished from the parks. I guess the last of the license ran out...bums me out, I'm a huge Crash fan. The first 3 games are sitting on my shelf right now!

That makes a lot more sense. I remember playing a few of his games when I was a kid. It's kind of an odd thing, though... When characters officially "leave" the park, isn't it made somewhat well known? I don't think I've ever heard of a character just vanishing from the park...

I've never seen Groucho Marx either! Seems like I missed out on 2 classics now. So far in all my visits, I've seen:

• Beetlejuice
  • The Blues Brothers
  • Curious George
  • Doc Brown
  • Dora & Diego
  • Count Dracula
  • Fievel
  • Frankenstein
  • Living Statue
  • The Lorax (he's long gone now though)
  • London Guards
  • Lucille Ball
  • Marilyn Monroe
  • The Mummy
  • Parisian Police Officer
  • The Pharaoh Stilt-walkers
  • New York Cops
  • Scooby-Doo, Shaggy & Daphne
  • Shrek, Donkey, & Princess Fiona
  • Spongebob
  • Simpsons Family
  • Optimus Prime, Bumblebee & Megatron
  • Woody and Winnie Woodpecker
  • Minions

He runs all over the Upper Lot. I've seen him in front of Curious George, walking through New York, and sometimes he'll go walk near the Simpsons area. One time my friends and I were actually eating the chicken from his restaurant all alone in the extended seating area behind the Cantina when, out of nowhere, he came up and had a chat with us. He ran up to us and said, "Wow, you're eating my chicken! It's finger-lickin' good, isn't it?!" Coolest experience ever!  :)