Christopher Robin (Live-Action Winnie The Pooh) | Inside Universal Forums

Christopher Robin (Live-Action Winnie The Pooh)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 4, 2013
Tampa
Curious that I'm only now finding out about this movie. Pooh's always been for the preschool crowd, so a more mature take on the franchise does sound interesting.

Reactions: Yabbadabba Doh
I'm getting the vibe of Paddington and that does concern me that Disney may try to copy that formula.

I haven't heard much about the project until today, and while I hope it surprises me, I am having some low expectations.

His daughter had CP. The trailer doesnt seem like it. (I didn't know until recently he was also an author)

The movie will probably do about as good as Pete's Dragon did.

Watching that was slightly odd in the year 2018 because in the past 5 years or so, two Ted movies were made, which I always took as a take on Pooh/CR once they were grown. With that in mind, it will be really weird/odd watching this movie.

Watching that was slightly odd in the year 2018 because in the past 5 years or so, two Ted movies were made, which I always took as a take on Pooh/CR once they were grown. With that in mind, it will be really weird/odd watching this movie.

I'm thinking of this film more to Paddington and Paddington 2, which I wish I wasn't.

But in something to note, Peter Capaldi will be Rabbit.

Reactions: Nick
Considering the pitch for this film was essentially HOOK, but with Winnie the Pooh...I'm curious and optimistic about this. I will say I'm all for the VA cast, so that's a nice plus.

I think this should be more successful. Pete’s Dragon suffered from releasing a week after Suicide Squad as well as the original having a pretty small fan base.

Reactions: Disneyhead
This movie is definitely going to do better than Pete's Dragon considering Pooh is one of the most beloved Disney characters and Pete's Dragon is... Pete's Dragon. Plus, unlike the 2011 Pooh, this one doesn't have any competition and brings in more of the nostalgic adult crowd.

I think this should be more successful. Pete’s Dragon suffered from releasing a week after Suicide Squad as well as the original having a pretty small fan base.

This movie is definitely going to do better than Pete's Dragon considering Pooh is one of the most beloved Disney characters and Pete's Dragon is... Pete's Dragon. Plus, unlike the 2011 Pooh, this one doesn't have any competition and brings in more of the nostalgic adult crowd.
Eh, probably right. I just looked and Pete's Dragon did $76M Domestic and $143M WW.

A better comp may be either Oz the Great and Powerful or Cinderella (2015). Both of those carry the name of iconic fantasy movies and characters. Cinderella did just over $200M domestic whereas Oz did $235M, but Cinderella was at $543M WW whereas Oz failed to reach $500M ($493M).

I just don't know if I see this movie doing even those types of numbers though tbh. I do think internationally it will do well in Europe, though.

Eh, probably right. I just looked and Pete's Dragon did $76M Domestic and $143M WW.

A better comp may be either Oz the Great and Powerful or Cinderella (2015). Both of those carry the name of iconic fantasy movies and characters. Cinderella did just over $200M domestic whereas Oz did $235M, but Cinderella was at $543M WW whereas Oz failed to reach $500M ($493M).

I just don't know if I see this movie doing even those types of numbers though tbh. I do think internationally it will do well in Europe, though.

I’m picturing a $150M domestic with $350M worldwide. The budget will probably be somewhere around $50M.

Reactions: Nick
The trailer definitely hooked my interest more than the teaser. If MoviePass doesn't go bankrupt before August, I'll give it a shot.

I still can't get over how this is almost beat for beat like if Disney made Ted. The story may be different, the plot is extremely similar based on this trailer.

Well, this is a first for Pooh and the gang. The movie's been rated PG for "some action." Mercy, can't anything get a G rating these days?

I'm a Pooh fan, so I'm glad we're getting a new Pooh movie. I know it seems similar to other live action/3D combos, but hopefully that isn't prophetic of bad things to come...