Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

D-Tech Me - Princess Figurines with Custom Faces

Jul 16, 2009
30 Rock
Similar in concept to the experience at Star Wars Weekends where guests were able to purchase an individualized "frozen in carbonite" figurine, Disney is hoping to replicate the success with their lineup of Disney Princesses.

The Disney Parks Blog has posted that starting August 26, guests in World of Disney at Downtown Disney can have their daughters ages of 3-12 be digitally scanned and receive a customized figurine in the mail weeks later that features the looks of one of seven princesses and the face of your little girl.

D-Tech Me to Offer Disney Princess Figurines at World of Disney in Walt Disney World Resort for a Limited Time

ib0Sxcq5K33yCy.jpg

A few months ago, we launched our new D-Tech Me experience as part of Star Wars Weekends 2012. You may remember how guests were “frozen” in carbonite at the Carbon-Freezing Chamber in Disney’s Hollywood Studios using state-of-the-art imaging and printing technology. I’m excited to share that D-Tech Me is expanding starting August 26 at the World of Disney in Downtown Disney Marketplace. This new interactive experience will allow guests ages 3-12 to live out princess dreams by placing their likeness on a three-dimensional 7-inch Disney Princess figurine keepsake!

ibhnvw7ahN9AXQ.jpg

During this 10-minute experience, several cameras will instantly capture multiple angles of a guest’s face which are reconstructed in a computer for processing. The “princess in waiting” can choose one of seven different Disney Princesses including Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Cinderella, Rapunzel, Snow White and Tiana. Hair, skin and eye color of the figurine are customized to match the guest. A Princess silver link necklace with choice of colored gem charm is also included for participants.

ibaEDHVI08ttHl.jpg

The completed figurine is then shipped directly to the guest’s home within five to six weeks.
Each seven-inch Princess figurine is $99.95 (plus $15.95 shipping. Canadian and International shipping begins at $75.00). Guests can order additional replica seven-inch figurines for $74.95 each or a three-inch replica for $39.95. No discounts will be offered.

iq5tuUecHwpMt.jpg

Reservations are strongly recommended for this limited time experience and can be made by calling 407-WDW-TECH (407-939-8324) starting August 7, 2012.

I don't really get it...$100 is a lot for a seven inch doll that you would find in a horror movie.

This should have been an HHN house. It could still have been called "Welcome to my Nightmare" since I'm pretty sure these things frequent them.

Here's a look at the actual process of scanning someone and the making of the figurine.

[video=youtube;_7QtCmOpDHw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7QtCmOpDHw[/video]

OH MY GOD that's creepy. and the sad part is that there are millions of little girls that would. :inquisitive:

I swear someone needs to set up like 1000+ of these things with creep music, power out, thundering outside, and in a narrow old hallway. Then get someone to walk through it! :lol:

This isn't really new technology though. Third party Transformer toy makers use these 3D rendering machines to make their prototypes :thumbs: it's still super creepy if you ask me..just put a sound chip in them that plays "hurry baaaaccckk" when the motion sensor goes off and that would scare most everyone..lol :p

Your can now own your own creepy doll for $15 off the regular price.

Earlier this summer, Disney Parks Blog fans learned about the new D-Tech Me Princess experience taking place in the World of Disney Store at Downtown Disney Marketplace. The interactive experience allows guests ages 3-12 to live out their princess dreams by placing their likeness on a three-dimensional, 7-inch collectible and lifelike Disney Princess figurine of their choice.

ibs8SzpM3kzEnK.jpg

While it’s not even Halloween, I know a few of us can’t help but already be thinking about our holiday shopping list and finding those perfect gifts for everyone on our lists. For those of you shopping for a gift for a perfect little princess, Disney Theme Park Merchandise is featuring a special offer on the limited time D-Tech Me Princess experience.

If you’re not familiar with D-Tech Me Princess, it’s a personalized experience that is truly dedicated to princesses who dream that sneakers are glass slippers and everything is better with a little bit of sparkle. D-Tech Me Princess is a keepsake figurine and reminder for the princess that knows she is brave, kind, generous, compassionate and beautiful.

ieNqFwiRr1kJu.jpg

Now through November 24 in the World of Disney Store, the customized Princess figures are specially priced to help save on your holiday shopping budget. The 7” D-Tech Me Princess figurine is now available for $84.95 (originally $99.95), and the add-on 3” D-Tech Me Princess Ornament is only $34.95 (originally $39.95). Plus, guests can order an additional replica 7” figurine for just $64.95 each. Please note that applicable tax and shipping* will apply to each order.