Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

D23 Destination D: Amazing Adventures 2016

Galaxy Defender

Premium Member
Oct 5, 2013
Atlanta, GA
D23 Destination D: Amazing Adventures is happening at WDW Nov. 19-20. Here is a basic description from the D23 page:

Since Walt Disney first brought his groundbreaking True-Life Adventures to the big screen, adventure has played a pivotal role in Disney entertainment, from the Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean to the new planet of Pandora, which will soon be unveiled at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. This year, members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club are invited to join the excitement at D23 Destination D: Amazing Adventures, a celebration of these landmarks of the past, present, and future. The two-day event will take place November 19 and 20, 2016 at Disney’s Contemporary Resort at Walt Disney World Resort.

AVATAR creators James Cameron (writer, director, producer) and Jon Landau (producer) will join ImagineerJoe Rohde for Pandora – The World of AVATAR, a presentation where they will unveil new details about the immersive, 12-acre land coming soon to Disney’s Animal Kingdom. In addition, the event will include a conversation with Bob Chapek, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Plus, Moana screenwriter Jared Bush (co-writer/co-director Zootopia) will be on hand to provide guests an exclusive advance look at the making of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ newest animated feature.

Here is the most interesting part
8 p.m. — In-Park Gathering (Optional)
Walt Disney World Resort theme park admission required.
Walt Disney World Resort theme park admission NOT required.
Details forthcoming.

Disney put the admission required quote in then used strike out and the next line to kill speculation. Rumors ranged from a preview of RoL to an Avatar presentation. I have no idea what the gathering might be, but we are sure to get some good information from this event.

D23 Destination D: Amazing Adventures – November 19-20, 2016 – D23

So whats the deal with becoming a D23 member, is it worth it on any level? On the purchase page it says discounts on your next Disney Adventure, does this include a decent discount on tickets/AP's?

So whats the deal with becoming a D23 member, is it worth it on any level? On the purchase page it says discounts on your next Disney Adventure, does this include a decent discount on tickets/AP's?
If you have the ability and desire to go to the D23 events it is worthwhile. Otherwise it is a rather pricey fan club. Discounts are for specific shopping deals rather than tickets. Here is a link to the shopping discounts page:

Shopping Discounts – D23

So, one of the things they showed off at the event was a "light show" on the resort busses. I haven't seen it, but I was told it's some sort of thing that is supposed to keep guests entertained (while they bump along between places packed like sardines), and it's supposed to do some sort of birthday thing for guests celebrating birthdays.

Apparently, the "plussing" of the bus was not very well thought out, and ended up draining the battery. I'm sure they'll sink more money into it anyway...

I used to really enjoy getting the slick magazine they put out every quarter.
disney-twenty-three-WI10_Cover.jpg

So, one of the things they showed off at the event was a "light show" on the resort busses. I haven't seen it, but I was told it's some sort of thing that is supposed to keep guests entertained (while they bump along between places packed like sardines), and it's supposed to do some sort of birthday thing for guests celebrating birthdays.

Apparently, the "plussing" of the bus was not very well thought out, and ended up draining the battery. I'm sure they'll sink more money into it anyway...
The sign they had in the window of the bus said that there were no plans to put it into production.