Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

D23 Expo 2019 - News & Speculation

Can we all agree to disagree without stooping to this?

Can we agree to disagree without completely moving goalposts in an effort to defend a theme park while putting down another?

I don’t think I “stooped” to anything.

The fanboyism and “team picking”, which is no different than Samsung vs Apple, gets old.
And it’s super weird.

I said my piece, so I’ll move on.

Can we agree to disagree without completely moving goalposts in an effort to defend a theme park while putting down another?

I don’t think I “stooped” to anything.

The fanboyism and “team picking”, which is no different than Samsung vs Apple, gets old.
And it’s super weird.

I said my piece, so I’ll move on.
I have to agree with you considering I’ve seen petty posts on here about Disney and ones about Universal on WDWMagic and it comes off very immature.

I think it's possible that this was the Plan B prompter that Chapek was reading from. If so, it may have been his first time reading from it, which could've attributed to the pacing being thrown off. I can't imagine that spending about 30 minutes of the presentation on Target, Cirque and Make-A-Wish was their ideal plan for the presentation. And Epcot did get 30 minutes... but the problem is there was really nothing new for announced projects except the spine project, SSE and Poppins (and we knew about all of those). It just felt like even he was bored with it and wanted to move on.

I mean, getting the CEO of Target and all of those presentations together is hardly last minute stuff.

Look, I get that it's a Products panel too but spending 10 minutes on it is so absurdly tone deaf.

I mean, getting the CEO of Target and all of those presentations together is hardly last minute stuff.

Look, I get that it's a Products panel too but spending 10 minutes on it is so absurdly tone deaf.
True. But maybe Target wasn't going to get 10 minutes originally? Maybe they were going to sneak another announcement in there and they pulled it. Maybe they weren't going to give Make-a-Wish so much time... but they pulled something. Both of those went on far longer than needed and it's very possible they were just filling time.

What I don't get is why they announced MMRR for DL in April (May?). That would've at least brought some life to the presentation. Like I said in the DHS SWGE thread, I do think they are a bit spooked by the weak performance of GE and are reconsidering their strategy moving forward.

I still don't think this was last minute. Reserved? Maybe so.
My point wasn't that Target was on reserve. It was that it's very possible that Target was only gonna get 2-3 minutes and then 7 minutes or so on a big announcement. Big announcement (theoretically) gets pulled and now Target has 10 minutes to fill.

My point wasn't that Target was on reserve. It was that it's very possible that Target was only gonna get 2-3 minutes and then 7 minutes or so on a big announcement. Big announcement (theoretically) gets pulled and now Target has 10 minutes to fill.

I was lead to believe there were two presentation outlines planned, and they went for the more reserved "plan b" option. Could have been the day before, could have been the week before, I dunno.