Dark Universe (Epic Universe) | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

Dark Universe (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hope in the actual land it just boils down to Victoria reanimating the original monster with a few of her own upgrades
... Is that not what's supposed to be going on?

What of Henry Frankenstein's experiments is she continuing if not reviving his creation?

And we've been told that the stories of the Classic Monsters movies have happened in this land's (or the "world" of this land's) past at some point.

Reactions: Ahmanet

What of Henry Frankenstein's experiments is she continuing if not reviving his creation?

And we've been told that the stories of the Classic Monsters movie have happened in this land's past at some point.
I thought the plot revolved around reviving all the Monsters so she can harness their supernatural energy, with the monster just acting as a somewhat willing assistant.

Ok I am confused. Which is the correct name for the original scientist. Victor Frankenstein or Henry Frankenstein. I always thought it was Victor. But google says both names came from the original novel. Is this a translation thing?

Edit: So after a little more digging it appears Victor was the name from the books and Henry was Universals name for him in the movies. So odd

Ok I am confused. Which is the correct name for the original scientist. Victor Frankenstein or Henry Frankenstein. I always thought it was Victor. But google says both names came from the original novel. Is this a translation thing?
Generally it’s Victor but in the case of the Universal Monsters and the original Frankenstein film he was renamed Henry which is why it’s Henry in the case of this land.

Henrietta just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Well, neither did Henry (Hank to his friends and Igor). And that brings up Igor. They change Victor to Henry but don't change Igor to Bob!?!

Or Fritz as the convoluted case may be.

Last edited:
Well, neither did Henry (Hank to his friends and Igor). And that brings up Igor. They change Victor to Henry but don't change Igor to Bob!?!
Henry was a perfectly cromulent name in *checks notes* 1931. I've got nothing for you on Igor, that's a weird one and it just gets weirder the more questions you ask.

Also noteworthy that they retained the name "Maleva" while changing her and her friends (I guess?) to "mystics."

Henry was a perfectly cromulent name in *checks notes* 1931. I've got nothing for you on Igor, that's a weird one and it just gets weirder the more questions you ask.
I believe you mean Ygor.

Also noteworthy that they retained the name "Maleva" while changing her and her friends (I guess?) to "mystics."
They’re a Guild!

And we've been told that the stories of the Classic Monsters movies have happened in this land's (or the "world" of this land's) past at some point.
I thought the implication from press releases was that it was a literal Young Frankenstein situation where the old monster has been long dead but Victoria has created a new one from the ground up using her predecessor’s research.

The more I read though it does seem like this could be Henry’s monster given some Victoria upgrades. I don’t expect the land/ride to explain it as in depth as conversations on here anyways so anyone could probably go into the land with their own headcanon.

Reactions: Ahmanet
If this isn't the ride system for whatever boat ride they plan on doing then they can keep it! Let Jaws and the jungle cruise systems stay in the past, it is time for new innovative ride systems.

wow very cool, now if they incorporate that like a dark ride, i think the ride would be badass.
Now i know its a universal monsters land but who's to say they can't pair Jaws with Creature on the water ride, they both are classified as horror in their own way. Afterall its "Dark Universe" not UM, and them together would be unique as hell.

If this isn't the ride system for whatever boat ride they plan on doing then they can keep it! Let Jaws and the jungle cruise systems stay in the past, it is time for new innovative ride systems.

That's what they were originally planning to use for Zelda before the land was sent back to the drawing board yet again. If they are deciding on a completely different ride system for Zelda, then using this boat ride system for a Monsters phase 2 boat ride would be ideal.

They probably just don't want to explicitly identify them as Romani for sensitivity/stereotype reasons. When the ride was first rumored, I was wondering how they were gonna address that, if at all. This seems like their solution.

They probably just don't want to explicitly identify them as Romani for sensitivity/stereotype reasons. When the ride was first rumored, I was wondering how they were gonna address that, if at all. This seems like their solution.
Yeah, that's my thinking as well. More surprised that they kept the original name than I am that they did away with the Romani aspect of it all.

Could it be Imhotep & Anck-es-en-Amon? With Imhotep in the above image and Anck in the other?

What's your point?

yeah I can clarify or explain my point better,

it feels like universal should make a Monster Squad type movie while this land is open. that's what I was ultimately thinking. maybe there's no need and maybe they don't need a new movie or anything. maybe the land and the history of the monsters stand on their own and the original movies are strong enough.

but a new movie will always sell merch and create buzz. maybe instead of individual movies like the mummy and Dracula, they could do another movie like Van Helsing or monster squad. that's what I was thinking.
I think that a van helsing reboot was in the works?
I know that everyone is going to tell me that we don't need any new movies and the strength of this land will come from the amazing ride, which is true
but movies reach a global audience and create buzz. new movies get talked about around the world. maybe we need that new van helsing movie