Diagon Alley Soft Opening Watch | Inside Universal Forums

Diagon Alley Soft Opening Watch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 30, 2012
For those looking to avoid attraction spoiler pics. Please post relevant info to soft opening date expectations/news/rumors etc.

Last edited:
For those looking to avoid attraction spoiler pics. Please post relevant info to soft opening date expectations/news/rumors etc.

- - - Updated - - -

The latest probability of soft opening dates as supposed by OrlandoInformer:

May 11 – 17 = 15%
May 18 – 24 = 50%
May 25 – 31 = 85%
June 1 – 7 = 90%
June 8 – 14 = 95%

He's a little full of it. You will not see soft openings for guests before June 1st.

Reactions: Brian G.
He's a little full of it. You will not see soft openings for guests before June 1st.

I think it is possible they could do morning softs earlier than June 1st to test out some minor stuff before they have to tackle larger crowds. But I don't see it much earlier than the 29th. I think softs will be busier this time around since more people are familiar with softs after phase 1.

OK, after looking at the calendar I realized June 1st is a Sunday. I see them opening before or after the weekend, but not on the weekend. Starting on a weekend guarantees more people will be going into that area during softs. Where if you start on a weekday with morning only, most people won't be able to get out to the park in enough time to see it. So my guess is that it will be around the 29th so that the initial crowds are more manageable. DH may be right on with the 28th.

I'm liking the way this is sounding I'll be staying at Cabana from the 30th-1st. Would love to be one of the lucky first!

I think I'd be more interested right now in when higher-up visits, media visits, and special events are taking place. That would give us the best idea. It was weird doing the WWOHP soft last time because we got to experience FJ before even TMs. They were even asking us, "How was it?"

I'm staying the 31st-1st. If they have no openings either day I'll probably stay an extra night and try for Monday.

I think I'd be more interested right now in when higher-up visits, media visits, and special events are taking place. That would give us the best idea. It was weird doing the WWOHP soft last time because we got to experience FJ before even TMs. They were even asking us, "How was it?"

Someone here who shall remain nameless has shown me proof that a few delegations have already toured. Last week, a contingent from Universal Japan and also (separate occasions) a British group who may have been WB UK. I guess you are waiting for Comcast, WB, and Universal USA.

Someone here who shall remain nameless has shown me proof that a few delegations have already toured. Last week, a contingent from Universal Japan and also (separate occasions) a British group who may have been WB UK. I guess you are waiting for Comcast, WB, and Universal USA.

Yeah, the other VIPs and their guests. Plus, Universal usually hosts SOMETHING this time of year on site.

What better way to suck the wind out of the sails of the 7DMT Grand Opening than to quietly soft open Diagon Alley. Twitter and Instagram would meltdown.
Especially since media has already gotten to ride SDMT. If Potter is soft opening that day, the majority of people will be over at Uni.

OI projections have been pushed back. I think soft opening against 7D would be brilliant.

May 18 – 24 = 35%
May 25 – 31 = 80%
June 1 – 7 = 85%
June 8 – 14 = 95%

OI projections have been pushed back. I think soft opening against 7D would be brilliant.

May 18 – 24 = 35%
May 25 – 31 = 80%
June 1 – 7 = 85%
June 8 – 14 = 95%

I guess they were told no chance. I still think it'll be 0 until after Memorial Day weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.