Disney After Hours BOO Bash | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney After Hours BOO Bash

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This does not bold well for DCA Halloween event....if they do not bring back the Haunted/Villain Trail and WOC then....wow

But hey if Disney can get away with it and fans are willing to pay the same...its what we deserve. Why do more when your fans are so into you that you can provided less entertainment and still make a good amount fo money

• Sad
Reactions: Victoria
I have nothing to base this on, but Disney is moving to 3ft from 6ft -- I would think they would be back to fireworks by SEPT -- these after hours things still leave time for fireworks during park hours.

We can only hope so. From my experience at Magic Kingdom today, distancing was just as bad as Universal with queues of people shoulder-to-shoulder with no attempts from cast members to enforce the rule. With most, if not all mask mandates expected to be gone by July, the only thing stopping Disney at this point is Disney.

Reactions: Frank Drackman
Has anyone thought that the move to 9pm start time for the after hours party is so that they can run the 50th anniversary fireworks and allow the start time to be late enough to allow daytime guests to view as well as after hours guests. This would effectively kill 2 birds with one stone allowing for entertainment for both crowds

Reactions: belloq87

Prices ($129-$199 depending on the date) and more details released.
Goodness, it was only about 5 years ago you could get into MNSSHP for about $70 or so for more hours (you can't get into this event until 7PM) and there was fireworks included and a great parade included!

This is Disney taking advantage of people itching to come back.

If this does well, they get padded margins and may not need to bring back what it still is missing vs this abomination. The only way they don't get away with it is if people don't go.

They are "giving" the guests more "free" food as part of the event this year, like they did for the previous after hours events that weren't MNSSHP/MVMCP.

They are "giving" the guests more "free" food as part of the event this year, like they did for the previous after hours events that weren't MNSSHP/MVMCP.

There also allowing, at most, like 20% of the crowd of the previous parties.

It can't be stressed enough, not all after-hours events are the same. This is one of the low-attendance 3-hour ones themed to Halloween, not one of the 5-hour higher-capacity ones. A couple trappings from MNSSHP but ultimately an entirely different animal.

I believe the MNSSHP events had a cap of 25-30,000 guests. I can't see this being capped at 20% of that. They're looking to cash in...

Genuinely embarrassing from Disney. They deserve heavy flack for this. Pay nearly the cost of a full day for 3 hours and less entertainment than the usual Halloween event?!

There are actually some dates that are cheaper than the Villains After Hours (which was $145-$155) and they’re offering more for this one it seems.

For me, when I look at it for what it is—not MNSSHP but just another version of the After Hours event—the prices don’t surprise me.

Reactions: SeventyOne and Nick
There are actually some dates that are cheaper than the Villains After Hours (which was $145-$155) and they’re offering more for this one it seems.

For me, when I look at it for what it is—not MNSSHP but just another version of the After Hours event—the prices don’t surprise me.
The problem is if this is popular, they'll just do this again next year, except it'll be branded as MNSSHP.

Reactions: Tbad556

I don't really think either are acceptable tbh. I also think the difference is that one is replacing (albeit temporarily) an event while the other isn't. I don't like the precedent it sets whatsoever. What's to stop them from minimizing MNSSHP if this succeeds?

I also think it would be a little different if didn't just feel like a continuation of Disney losing a ton of goodwill lately through terrible decisions.

The problem is if this is popular, they'll just do this again next year, except it'll be branded as MNSSHP.
I don't really think either are acceptable tbh. I also think the difference is that one is replacing (albeit temporarily) an event while the other isn't. I don't like the precedent it sets whatsoever. What's to stop them from minimizing MNSSHP if this succeeds?

Does anyone really, truly think they’d get away with permanently tossing out MNSSHP for an extremely limited capacity (they sell far fewer tickets to this with less nights), much pricier event? Maybe it’s just me, but, I really don’t see that happening. Running Boo Bash in between MNSSHP nights to make more money that way? That I could see, but, IMO I just can’t see them cancelling MNSSHP and replacing a very popular holiday event with such a limited capacity, minor offering.

I enjoyed my time at the Villains After Hours, the crowds were non-existent and I liked the cavalcade, ride enhancements and “free” snacks, so, maybe I’m biased, but, I’m looking forward to this offering.

Reactions: Grabnar
Does anyone really, truly think they’d get away with permanently tossing out MNSSHP for an extremely limited capacity (they sell far fewer tickets to this with less nights), much pricier event? Maybe it’s just me, but, I really don’t see that happening. Running Boo Bash in between MNSSHP nights to make more money that way? That I could see, but, IMO I just can’t see them cancelling MNSSHP and replacing a very popular holiday event with such a limited capacity, minor offering.

I enjoyed my time at the Villains After Hours, the crowds were non-existent and I liked the cavalcade, ride enhancements and “free” snacks, so, maybe I’m biased, but, I’m looking forward to this offering.
With all of their recent decisions, absolutely. I have lost complete faith in the company quite honestly so maybe I'm completely jaded, but people are always willing to pay for the Disney Experience. They may raise capacity back, but I wouldn't even be vaguely shocked if they kept the offerings far more limited when this inevitably succeeds.

Reactions: therock and Mad Dog