Disney After Hours BOO Bash | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney After Hours BOO Bash

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
With all of their recent decisions, absolutely. I have lost complete faith in the company quite honestly so maybe I'm completely jaded, but people are always willing to pay for the Disney Experience. They may raise capacity back, but I wouldn't even be vaguely shocked if they kept the offerings far more limited when this inevitably succeeds.
Yeah, Chapek is about nothing but raising prices and reducing guest offerings wherever possible.

With all of their recent decisions, absolutely. I have lost complete faith in the company quite honestly so maybe I'm completely jaded, but people are always willing to pay for the Disney Experience. They may raise capacity back, but I wouldn't even be vaguely shocked if they kept the offerings far more limited when this inevitably succeeds.

IMO, Disney hasn’t made all bad decisions lately (i.e. the ride changes) so I still have a little faith in them. Since I don’t see it the same way you do, we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one then!

Reactions: Tbad556
IMO, Disney hasn’t made all bad decisions lately (i.e. the ride changes) so I still have a little faith in them. Since I don’t see it the same way you do, we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one then!
Just to clarify before agreeing to disagree, I also agree that the ride changes (assuming we're talking Splash & JC) are a good decision. Don't want it to come across otherwise. I just have issue with nearly everything else that has happened recently :lol:

Reactions: Allison
We always enjoyed MNSSHP (years ago anyway, I've heard it started getting really crowded over the years), but I felt it worked (besides the more hours than the after hours) because a ton of folks were meeting characters or watching parades -- all that made the ride lines bearable -- for the after hours party, I am told they truly limit ticket sales for the after hours events (in the past) which should allow for shorter lines -- I guess my take is that it is a chance to be in the park in the evening hours while getting in a good ride count.

For my family, we are shut out of getting passes, we live real close to WDW -- this MIGHT be better than a day ticket for MY FAMILY especially if AP's do not return as something like this would be our only visit this year -- heck, safe for last year, we've giving the mouse something like a 7 or 8 year break -- I can continue to wait (to ride the 7 dwarfs thing that I saw under construction when we were last Disney AP folks ;-)

Oh, I have heard that fireworks should close the night at MK for day guest (and After Hours guest that are there) as the After Hours events start after MK fireworks (at closing while the party is after closing (assuming fireworks pick back up prior to August).

For the 50th, I guess this is a way for more folks to walk into the MK in OCT -- but I still recall the crap show that was 10/1/11 as being the only time I ever felt my life was in danger at a theme park.

I may be in the minority here but I really like the After Hours events so much more than the parties just because it's so much less crowded. I'd rather pay the extra $/hr for an AH event than a day ticket at this point (at least during normal ops).

I may be in the minority here but I really like the After Hours events so much more than the parties just because it's so much less crowded. I'd rather pay the extra $/hr for an AH event than a day ticket at this point (at least during normal ops).
The after hours parties are definitely way more worth it than a day ticket if you only have a day to hit up the parks and want to maximize the amount of stuff you can get done.

The after hours parties are definitely way more worth it than a day ticket if you only have a day to hit up the parks and want to maximize the amount of stuff you can get done.

Thanks! That is good to hear for as I looked at this, that is what it sounded like to me -- I figure as long as they stick to limited entry, this will actually be something my family would enjoy.

I don't really think either are acceptable tbh. I also think the difference is that one is replacing (albeit temporarily) an event while the other isn't. I don't like the precedent it sets whatsoever. What's to stop them from minimizing MNSSHP if this succeeds?

I also think it would be a little different if didn't just feel like a continuation of Disney losing a ton of goodwill lately through terrible decisions.

I think the pandemic gave Disney cover--for lack of a better term--to roll out all sorts of experiments, to see what they can get away with while somewhat minimizing any PR backlash. I imagine they want to see if fewer tickets sold at higher prices (and no doubt less F&B sales) are offset by a savings in employee costs. Normally they could only do that by cancelling MNSHHP and having to ride out that firestorm, but this year they get a free pass to try.

Again, I'm sure this is happening a lot of places (which probably explains a lot of those terrible decisions). E.g. monitoring guest spending in the evening when there are no nighttime shows. This is just the most obvious example.

Over 100 bucks for an event with no big show.....wow

Unlike the holiday parties--where the add-ons are the main course and the somewhat shorter lines are a tasty side dish--after-hours events have always been about the 1-day in MK crowd as opposed to APs. It's all about walking onto all the E and D tickets in a single evening. As it happens, in addition to much of the normal tourist trade, in 2021 there are a ton of local former APs who can probably be persuaded to do a single night at MK for $150. This year presented a unique opportunity and the Mouse is going to see how profitable it really is.

I have a blog post idea on this I want to write but this is the difference between an additive event (new things offered to entice people) vs exclusive event (lack of other guests to entice people). It’s a core push and pull now with the parks and the fans.

seem like a good idea, one school of thought I see missing right now is the day guest having the park close early during their visit when the have the parties verse these after hours that I assume have no impact to day guest -- they are guest too in the guest sat numbers!

I have tickets for 10/17. A little cheaper than some of the other nights and not sold out yet. I have MK park reservations for that day, so will they clear everyone out or can I hang around and check in like MNSSHP events? Never did one of these after hours events. Also think that Hallowishes may be on the table since they are restarting fireworks in July and who knows what shows or parades/cavalcades they might have.

I have tickets for 10/17. A little cheaper than some of the other nights and not sold out yet. I have MK park reservations for that day, so will they clear everyone out or can I hang around and check in like MNSSHP events? Never did one of these after hours events. Also think that Hallowishes may be on the table since they are restarting fireworks in July and who knows what shows or parades/cavalcades they might have.

After Hours they do exactly like MNSSHP: you check in and get a wrist band. Once the park "closes" they'll only allow people with wrist bands into rides and parts of the park to push people out.

Reactions: Yabbadabba Doh
All vloggers, I bet ya

I'll be honest and fess up. When we go again, I will certainly opt for one night of this and forego the parks during the day. In those hours, we can ride more than if we had been at a park all day. We have done it twice, one was Very Merry and the other was just one of the after hour events. It is a lot of fun to experience the parks without crowds and to walk onto rides, one after the next. This is supposing that they bring back other after hour events. Heck, I think that one of the times we went was the day that we flew down. So, we able to pack a lot in on a travel day.