Disney After Hours BOO Bash | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney After Hours BOO Bash

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
my guess is that there are a lot of folks that want to be in the Magic Kingdom in October this year due to the 50th. Park reservation went fast from what I recall so I assume some of this might be folks securing a chance to see the MK during its birthday month.
Yep, we are going with a Facebook/online merchandise group meet up for the 50th.

Reactions: Frank Drackman
So a couple days ago it was discovered that the various Sold Out dates for the event are mysteriously available again, as it seems like they've increased capacity for the event.

"Sold Out" Boo Bash Dates Available Again - Disney Tourist Blog

As Tom Bricker mentions, this is a cause for concern. Since if they increase the capacity for the event beyond what they normally allow for an After Hours event (which is usually capped lower than what Covid-Capacity is), then that pretty much defeats the purpose of an After Hours event as the main selling point are the significantly smaller crowds.

I know there's been a lot said about Disney botching various operations/guest experiences lately. But it seems like the company is on a roll with that if they do this.

So a couple days ago it was discovered that the various Sold Out dates for the event are mysteriously available again, as it seems like they've increased capacity for the event.

"Sold Out" Boo Bash Dates Available Again - Disney Tourist Blog

As Tom Bricker mentions, this is a cause for concern. Since if they increase the capacity for the event beyond what they normally allow for an After Hours event (which is usually capped lower than what Covid-Capacity is), then that pretty much defeats the purpose of an After Hours event as the main selling point are the significantly smaller crowds.

I know there's been a lot said about Disney botching various operations/guest experiences lately. But it seems like the company is on a roll with that if they do this.

We're making a large assumption on this, but if it's true, I agree with you and Tom.

We're making a large assumption on this, but if it's true, I agree with you and Tom.

I'm hoping it turns out to be one of the innocent theories Tom mentioned instead of an serious capacity increase. If not, oof. This is not the period to be burning bridges with guests, and for anyone who says "People will go/buy anything", we've already had moments not too long ago where that mindset has backfired on the company.

Reactions: therock and Mad Dog
I'm hoping it turns out to be one of the innocent theories Tom mentioned instead of an serious capacity increase. If not, oof. This is not the period to be burning bridges with guests, and for anyone who says "People will go/buy anything", we've already had moments not too long ago where that mindset has backfired on the company.
WDW has already alienated much of their AP base.

WDW has already alienated much of their AP base.

What came to mind for me was GE's opening in DL. They thought the AP's that were blocked out would shell out for a higher single day ticket or two to visit, and the end result was a very quiet summer. Worked great for a visitor like me, but that wasn't the outcome the company wanted at all. Everything was done to prepare for big crowds which never materialized.

Things are already rocky with operations/guest experiences, I really wouldn't want to add "Botching a hard ticket event with a good selling point" to the list.

People will go this year with lots of people wanting to travel. Whether they comeback is another thing entirely.

Reactions: SeventyOne