Disney+ | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What would a sequel really be about, though? I say this as a fan of the movie, despite how it sort of cheats a number of its beats.
It could literally be anything, they've already shown they don't need to be historically accurate.

Idk, maybe Zac Efron starts a vaudeville act.

What would a sequel really be about, though? I say this as a fan of the movie, despite how it sort of cheats a number of its beats.
I have literally no idea what it would be about, but the end of the movie does sort of "pass the torch" from Jackman's PT Barnum to Efron's Phillip Carlyle. I do know that a treatment has been put together for a sequel, but it's been awhile since they last talked about it.

I really don't know what the story would be at all, but it seems like a totally Disney thing to want to make a sequel off of a profitable movie was my only point.

Reactions: SeventyOne
So I guess this is worth including in this thread since we've talked about it quite a bit at this point. The contract between Fox and HBO lasts through 2022 and HBO pays $200M per year for the content. It's possible once 2022 hits Disney renegotiates the contract so that HBO has access to their R-rated content? Other than that, they will likely throw most big titles on Disney+ over time.

Reactions: Coasted
I've heard that WandaVision will now premiere before F&WS. While i'm still skeptical, there are rumors that WandaVision will still come out late this year.

In the terms of Wandavision, I had thought that they wrapped on principal photography, right? If the concern right now is post production, they may be closer to that than say, F/WS, as that will likely have more physical shots, where as Wandavision will probably rely upon more in the field of VFX.

And also, Paul Bettany and Elizabeth Olson's schedules.

It'd lead me to wonder on Loki as well, but I'd assume they'd prioritize on one show.

Loki was said fairly recently to still be on schedule for a Spring 2021 release, so take that for whatever it's worth.

Hidden Figures I remember actually being really good. I think Octavia Spencer is also one of the best we have working today, but it was great and a story I wasn't super familiar with. Easy watch, but you'll get something out of it too! Highly recommend.

"GroupWatch" feature being rolled out on Disney+. Great idea, especially with people being home more now. Honestly, I wish they would've rolled this out earlier as this would've been a great feature to have for the debuts of Hamilton and Black is King.

Has anybody watched Earth to Ned yet? I highly recommended looking at an image of it and you’ll get the whole vibe.
I've watched a few episodes. If you're gonna watch it, look for a guest lineup that you like as watching chronologically is not needed. The show is a bit hit or miss, but it's not nearly as corny as I thought it would be, the puppetry is great and a lot of the writing is actually quite smart for the type of a show it is. I've caught myself laughing quite a few times at some of the quips that Cornelius makes.

Interesting. From Disney's perspective, you'd think they'd want to avoid having both WANDAVISION and THE MANDALORIAN happening at the same time (because I don't think they'd want either pulling attention from the other), and given THE MANDALORIAN's premiere date and episode count, that's going to run until the week of Christmas.

So... WANDAVISION could debut in that last week of December, perhaps.

Reactions: SpyderDan
Interesting. From Disney's perspective, you'd think they'd want to avoid having both WANDAVISION and THE MANDALORIAN happening at the same time (because I don't think they'd want either pulling attention from the other), and given THE MANDALORIAN's premiere date and episode count, that's going to run until the week of Christmas.

So... WANDAVISION could debut in that last week of December, perhaps.
The Right Stuff and The Mandalorian will be overlapping with The Mandalorian coming in by about Episode 5 of The Right Stuff. Perhaps we see something similar with WandaVision? The end of December would just be a terrible time to debut a new show imo. They'd be better off waiting until January at that point.

So I think maybe somewhere around Thanksgiving or so WandaVision starts? Just a guess. Would work to finish by the end ofthe year too as it's a 6 episode show and I know The Right Stuff is dropping the first two episodes at the same time and The Mandalorian may be starting with a two-episode drop as well.

EDIT:
@belloq87 Although, it doesn't have a November release date on the release calendar (or a release date at all), so who knows.

Last edited:
Reactions: belloq87
Matt Murdock (but I'm not sure Feige knows how to proceed with Daredevil after the Netflix shows)

This is the only acceptable lawyer character for Peter Parker. Oh and it has to be Charlie Cox!

And not for nothing, but that coming soon trailer for Disney+, I mean at some point don't they need to push more original content not named The Mandalorian? I can't imagine anyone watches that trailer and thinks "Big is coming to Disney+??? Sign me up!"

To give a small update on this, the following tweet was taken in July. When I was there today, the Nov. 20 date was covered up by a "coming soon to theaters".

So...:shrug:

Maybe they took Soul out of that November slot potentially for Black Widow.