Disney+ | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Lots of speculation that it's a high-quality fake (like a similar one that appeared for THE NEW MUTANTS over the summer). For a couple reasons:

- "New" Fox films (like THE NEW MUTANTS) apparently are licensed to HBO until 2022.
- Why would they be holding THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER until August? Supposedly it has to come out after BLACK WIDOW (though that's never really been confirmed, either), but four months after?

I'm also slightly skeptical that Disney's already going to throw in the towel on a BLACK WIDOW theatrical release (and presumably, then, the entire 2021 summer movie season?) six months before it's scheduled. I just can't see them making that decision until, say, March. But I could be wrong, I guess.

Lots of speculation that it's a high-quality fake (like a similar one that appeared for THE NEW MUTANTS over the summer). For a couple reasons:

- "New" Fox films (like THE NEW MUTANTS) apparently are licensed to HBO until 2022.
- Why would they be holding THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER until August? Supposedly it has to come out after BLACK WIDOW (though that's never really been confirmed, either), but four months after?

I'm also slightly skeptical that Disney's already going to throw in the towel on a BLACK WIDOW theatrical release (and presumably, then, the entire 2021 summer movie season?) six months before it's scheduled. I just can't see them making that decision until, say, March. But I could be wrong, I guess.
I mean no one can predict the future but I doubt movies will be at 100% even next Christmas. There are rumors a few films are moving to Disney Plus which makes sense because we really have no idea when films will be shown to people in a large enough capacity to make it worth it again

On the subject of 21CP--wouldn't it be possible on a potential buyout of the existing license contract with WarnerMedia on the subject of films from 21CP going to HBO (and subsequently HBOMax)?

If any of it is likely, it’s the R-rated films and ABC shows coming. I’ve heard that they want to add an entire ABC sub-section and there’s been rumors that they will be announcing a password protected R-rated section on December 10th as well.

Disney knows there needs to be more diversity in the types of stuff on their service, thus why they are eager to get ABC sitcoms on there and delve into their R-rated catalog.

Just to add on to my previous post, Disney+ Star will be launching internationally and is expected to be talked about more in-depth (they've already announced it) on Dec. 10th. It's basically an international version of Hulu without the third party content on top of Disney+ itself. It's very likely that base level "Disney+" and "Disney+ Star" will have different pricing.

Disney+ Star has recently popped up on social media:
GdZhFMS.png

More can be learned about it here as well:

Reactions: SeventyOne
Just to add on to my previous post, Disney+ Star will be launching internationally and is expected to be talked about more in-depth (they've already announced it) on Dec. 10th. It's basically an international version of Hulu without the third party content on top of Disney+ itself. It's very likely that base level "Disney+" and "Disney+ Star" will have different pricing.

GdZhFMS.png

This seems like it's going to lead to brand confusion.

This seems like it's going to lead to brand confusion.
We'll see. I think Disney+ Star is just going to be an upcharge within the existing Disney+ app, so it shouldn't be too confusing (or higher monthly fee to include the Star content). It sounds like December 10th is when they plan on talking about this so we'll see soon enough.

Star is a brand that came to Disney in the Fox deal and is big in Asia and parts of Europe. In those countries, Disney+ is actually already integrated into the Star app, just without the adult content as of now.

Reactions: RevFreako
So Disney definitely still has beef with the f-bomb. There’s only two in the entirety of Taylor’s folklore album (both on “Betty”) and both got bleeped. On the flip side, they seem to have no problem with $#!+ anymore as that was dropped around 7-8 times. It’s also common in The Right Stuff.

GdZhFMS.png

I personally don’t think Star will hit North America. We already have Hulu, which functionally serves the same content, but doesn’t have an international foothold.

I can’t see Hulu rebranding, so I think Star and Hulu will just end up being incredibly similar, but in different markets.

On the subject of 21CP--wouldn't it be possible on a potential buyout of the existing license contract with WarnerMedia on the subject of films from 21CP going to HBO (and subsequently HBOMax)?
They could, but it’ll never happen. The only similar situation I know of is when HBO Max bought the Potter streaming rights from Comcast/Peacock. And even then, it ended up being this weirdly temporary thing that just served as marketing fodder.

The cost of buying the rights temporarily far exceeds the temporary value a service gets for that content. It’s much easier just to wait until the rights expire.

In a couple years, we’ll have to buy just as many streaming services, but it’ll be way easier to know what each service has.

I personally don’t think Star will hit North America. We already have Hulu, which functionally serves the same content, but doesn’t have an international foothold.

I can’t see Hulu rebranding, so I think Star and Hulu will just end up being incredibly similar, but in different markets.

They could, but it’ll never happen. The only similar situation I know of is when HBO Max bought the Potter streaming rights from Comcast/Peacock. And even then, it ended up being this weirdly temporary thing that just served as marketing fodder.

The cost of buying the rights temporarily far exceeds the temporary value a service gets for that content. It’s much easier just to wait until the rights expire.

In a couple years, we’ll have to buy just as many streaming services, but it’ll be way easier to know what each service has.
I wasn't trying to say that Star would come to the US. I think, once Disney owns Hulu outright and Comcast is completely gone, we may see Hulu integrated into the Disney+ app (along with ESPN+). But whether Star comes to the US or not will not affect if the adult content section comes or not. That will simply be a pin code section that would have Fox, Touchstone, Searchlight, etc content.

So Disney definitely still has beef with the f-bomb. There’s only two in the entirety of Taylor’s folklore album (both on “Betty”) and both got bleeped. On the flip side, they seem to have no problem with $#!+ anymore as that was dropped around 7-8 times. It’s also common in The Right Stuff.
All Words are Made Up - Thor

I kinda don't get it either...so Star Wars can make up a swear word that is the F bomb...means the same thing but you can can it because its not the F bomb?

Recess has a great episode about swear words (on Disney plus) but Disney is Disney and will be "family friendly" even if they really don't care

• Haha
Reactions: youhow2 and Nick
All Words are Made Up - Thor

I kinda don't get it either...so Star Wars can make up a swear word that is the F bomb...means the same thing but you can can it because its not the F bomb?

Recess has a great episode about swear words (on Disney plus) but Disney is Disney and will be "family friendly" even if they really don't care

I mean, I know what their issue with it is. If you say it more than once, you automatically get an R/TV-MA rating. Disney wants to avoid that and by bleeping the F's, they were able to keep the folklore at TV-14.

In probably some of the least surprising news (to me at least), there's rumors of an Alita Disney+ show in the works. Makes sense as i'm not sure the franchise is worth financing another movie, but it has so much hard core support, that a TV show makes sense.

In probably some of the least surprising news (to me at least), there's rumors of an Alita Disney+ show in the works. Makes sense as i'm not sure the franchise is worth financing another movie, but it has so much hard core support, that a TV show makes sense.

So full discloser I hated (even if I get it) the romance in that film. But the World was super interesting and fight scenes were great, so I am very much down for this and think the Mando tech would work really well for this world as well.

Sure why not, but I won't believe it till it comes from a more reliable source.