Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Very Merriest After Hours

GAcoaster

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2012
Orlando
New limited Christmas event for Magic Kingdom replacing Very Merry Christmas Party:

Just like the new Halloween event, this sounds like a much narrower event with no parade or fireworks, and most likely lower attendance and higher price tag.

New limited Christmas event for Magic Kingdom replacing Very Merry Christmas Party:

Just like the new Halloween event, this sounds like a much narrower event with no parade or fireworks, and most likely lower attendance and higher price tag.
From the article you linked
"The four hours of festivities will delight guests with “Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks,”

We did this event on Veteran's Day, which was the lower priced day ($169 a ticket) available. Our last Mickey's Christmas Party visit was in 2018. Is it overpriced, especially in relation
to the previous party ? No doubt. But it does fit our way of touring, so it was OK for us, especially short ride lines. But, I'd have to say it's a poor deal, price wise, for a family with kids.
We generally only spend 6 to 8 hours in a theme park on a given day, so the 7PM to 1AM time was a good fit. They let us through the gates at 6:45 PM and we stayed until 1:30 AM, and
there were still lots of people in the stores and Main Street when we left. Most rides were walk ons, like in 2018. Even 7 Dwarfs was only 15 minutes. Peter Pan was the only long line, at
a steady 30 plus minutes. Some insiders guessed at pretty low maximum ticket sales. The numbers bandied about appeared to be far off, way too low. Of course I can't give a solid number,
but the crowd level seemed very similar to 2018, the much less expensive version. Fantasyland especially, was steadily crowded. That said, it still was comfortable crowd wise. We got in
lots of rides,, similar to 2018, which is the main reason I would pay that much for a ticket. Enchantment show, before the park officially closed, was pretty good. Knowing there were Main
Street projections additionally, we picked a viewing area there and it made the experience that much better. The projections on the buildings, usually same as the castle, were easier to see
just being a few feet away. Good ambiance. The Parade was only a shadow of the previous Mickey's Christmas Parade. It was short in duration and seemed more like a Cavalcade Plus than
a real parade. Disney has either forgotten how to put on a proper parade, or are just too cheap to do so. So that was a definite disappointment. The complimentary beverages, popcorn, and
ice cream, plus the cookies and hot chocolate were a plus over the previous event. Of course, they didn't make up for the huge price difference, but we sampled enough to try to get our
money's worth. We ate an early supper at Universal so we wouldn't have to give Disney any more money for food when we got to MK. Lots of complimentary junk food, to fill our bellies, only.
The highlight of the evening was Minnies' Holiday Fireworks show. It was excellent. Much, much better than the Frozen Holiday show we saw in 2018. We watched it from Main Street, enjoyed the
ambiance of the snowfall and the 'traditional version' of Christmas music. No jazzed up, unrecognizable versions, just real Christmas songs we all know and enjoy. Good to see that Disney, unlike
it's weak parade, still knows how to put on a great night time Fireworks show. It was so good, it gave us 'instant Holiday cheer'....So for us, the Party was worth the high cost, especially figuring
that if we were there for a day ticket, the price of Genie Plus and Lightening Lane plus, to experience short lines, would have brought our ticket costs in the same range.

We did this event on Veteran's Day, which was the lower priced day ($169 a ticket) available. Our last Mickey's Christmas Party visit was in 2018. Is it overpriced, especially in relation
to the previous party ? No doubt. But it does fit our way of touring, so it was OK for us, especially short ride lines. But, I'd have to say it's a poor deal, price wise, for a family with kids.
We generally only spend 6 to 8 hours in a theme park on a given day, so the 7PM to 1AM time was a good fit. They let us through the gates at 6:45 PM and we stayed until 1:30 AM, and
there were still lots of people in the stores and Main Street when we left. Most rides were walk ons, like in 2018. Even 7 Dwarfs was only 15 minutes. Peter Pan was the only long line, at
a steady 30 plus minutes. Some insiders guessed at pretty low maximum ticket sales. The numbers bandied about appeared to be far off, way too low. Of course I can't give a solid number,
but the crowd level seemed very similar to 2018, the much less expensive version. Fantasyland especially, was steadily crowded. That said, it still was comfortable crowd wise. We got in
lots of rides,, similar to 2018, which is the main reason I would pay that much for a ticket. Enchantment show, before the park officially closed, was pretty good. Knowing there were Main
Street projections additionally, we picked a viewing area there and it made the experience that much better. The projections on the buildings, usually same as the castle, were easier to see
just being a few feet away. Good ambiance. The Parade was only a shadow of the previous Mickey's Christmas Parade. It was short in duration and seemed more like a Cavalcade Plus than
a real parade. Disney has either forgotten how to put on a proper parade, or are just too cheap to do so. So that was a definite disappointment. The complimentary beverages, popcorn, and
ice cream, plus the cookies and hot chocolate were a plus over the previous event. Of course, they didn't make up for the huge price difference, but we sampled enough to try to get our
money's worth. We ate an early supper at Universal so we wouldn't have to give Disney any more money for food when we got to MK. Lots of complimentary junk food, to fill our bellies, only.
The highlight of the evening was Minnies' Holiday Fireworks show. It was excellent. Much, much better than the Frozen Holiday show we saw in 2018. We watched it from Main Street, enjoyed the
ambiance of the snowfall and the 'traditional version' of Christmas music. No jazzed up, unrecognizable versions, just real Christmas songs we all know and enjoy. Good to see that Disney, unlike
it's weak parade, still knows how to put on a great night time Fireworks show. It was so good, it gave us 'instant Holiday cheer'....So for us, the Party was worth the high cost, especially figuring
that if we were there for a day ticket, the price of Genie Plus and Lightening Lane plus, to experience short lines, would have brought our ticket costs in the same range.

We went to the first night of this and had the same general feeling, we were annoyed by the high price but generally came away feeling it was worth it for the low crowds and entertainment, my takeaway would be that it goes on too late for families, finishing at 1am if you've got little ones is a pain (we don't yet so doesn't apply here). Coming over from the UK we felt that the high cost was worth it.

Anyway, we vlogged it if anyone wants to see our experience as Disney didn't invite us it's an honest review.

Even then, to the discussion about whether it's "worth it" (and most Disney vloggers I've seen agreed it's really not), the price varies so much between nights. When I'm there next month, its coming in at $229 a pop. So even if I considered $169 to be a fair price, they totally lost me at $229.

Even then, to the discussion about whether it's "worth it" (and most Disney vloggers I've seen agreed it's really not), the price varies so much between nights. When I'm there next month, its coming in at $229 a pop. So even if I considered $169 to be a fair price, they totally lost me at $229.
Yep. I wholly agree. That $169 dollar ticket was the ceiling for what I would pay. And while it wasn't all that bad a deal for the way we, as older adults, tour....it isn't a very good fit, or deal, for families with children, most especially at those higher daily figures.

Yep. I wholly agree. That $169 dollar ticket was the ceiling for what I would pay. And while it wasn't all that bad a deal for the way we, as older adults, tour....it isn't a very good fit, or deal, for families with children, most especially at those higher daily figures.

Completely agree with this, I said that at the end of the video. At $169 - $200 it 'worth' it, anything more than this and they're pushing their luck. They're actually pushing it now really. In the UK we're able to buy special 2 week tickets for £480 ~ $650 so this night costs about 5 days worth of tickets, when you break it down it's not worth it BUT Disney are currently in their cut, cut, cut phase so this presents good 'value' for money in comparison to a standard day ticket as you'd only get on a few rides in a day at $120+ per day whereas here you can get on 90% of rides if you want in a few hours or take in the Christmas attractions + do a few rides