Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

What we love about the Magic Key pricing structure is that every time a new release rolls around, we'll think about doing it. Then we'll open the page where Disney tells us how much money they want, and it's so exorbitant that we don't even have to discuss that we're not doing it.

It seems they've reached the limit of YouTubers
Ugh. I mean... who hasn't?
sick grim reaper GIF by Psychrome

I do want to say while Magic Keys are insane...the demand is there

I heard right now the parks are PACKED and when I went last time it was pretty healthy

SO while we online can complain all day about how t used to be better until people stop showing up Genie Plus, Lighting lane and reservations are here to stay

Here's the thing about the reservation system. Before the apocalypse, I had the flex pass, so I had to reserve a day (or two) in advance. I couldn't reserve another day until I had either used or canceled one of those two reservations.

It honestly wasn't an issue. But the problem now is, the higher level "magic key" allows for more reservations at one time, which is not very magical for other guests. Everyone should be limited to 2 reservations.

When I was at the park for Star Wars Nite last year, I gave in & paid for the stupid lightning lane to ride "Runaway Railway" before the event since I hadn't been on it yet. I didn't like having to pay an extra $20 for a ride when we used to get the MaxPass for a reasonable price. Still prefer the old fast pass (or single rider), but it wasn't as bad as the lightning lane upcharge.

Here's the thing about the reservation system. Before the apocalypse, I had the flex pass, so I had to reserve a day (or two) in advance. I couldn't reserve another day until I had either used or canceled one of those two reservations.

It honestly wasn't an issue. But the problem now is, the higher level "magic key" allows for more reservations at one time, which is not very magical for other guests. Everyone should be limited to 2 reservations.

When I was at the park for Star Wars Nite last year, I gave in & paid for the stupid lightning lane to ride "Runaway Railway" before the event since I hadn't been on it yet. I didn't like having to pay an extra $20 for a ride when we used to get the MaxPass for a reasonable price. Still prefer the old fast pass (or single rider), but it wasn't as bad as the lightning lane upcharge.
I agree on these points

But the market is basically deciding these are not important to most people buying them so until people stop it will just keep getting worst

Same with late night events they keep selling out, I think they are insanely over priced for what you get so I don't go (though I do plan on going to Oggie bash but that has a parade and other entertainment at least)

Same with late night events they keep selling out, I think they are insanely over priced for what you get so I don't go
i gave them 2 chances with Star Wars Nite, it definitely wasn't worth it, despite me having fun. BUT i think it was more enjoyment of being at Disneyland again than being there for Star Wars (go figure).

(though I do plan on going to Oogie bash but that has a parade and other entertainment at least)
Ignore the treat trails, focus on entertainment (parade/shows) & character photo-ops (long. lines. of. doom). Of course, also limited time noms, but most can be tried during daytime hours

i gave them 2 chances with Star Wars Nite, it definitely wasn't worth it, despite me having fun. BUT i think it was more enjoyment of being at Disneyland again than being there for Star Wars (go figure).

Ignore the treat trails, focus on entertainment (parade/shows) & character photo-ops (long. lines. of. doom). Of course, also limited time noms, but most can be tried during daytime hours
I'm so ready for Villains Grove.....that is the kinda stuff I wish we got more with limited time events

I'm so ready for Villains Grove...
:eyes: I hope you've watched a video of it already. I'd lower the hype expectations. They just fill Redwood Creek with fog, lighting & projections. It's on the lower end of the event offerings.

I'm glad I saw a video beforehand because I would've been pissed had I wasted time to do it. I already regret the treat trails (although the Jurassic crew loved me for the candy I brought to work lol)