Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

Question—assuming if they had plans locked initially for Door Coaster when they did: couldn’t they reduce R&D by using them as a “base” with then simply a matter of a different location being the only notable changes that would be needed?

The MInc brand feels like a safe IP that could be very easy to mine; and if they had plans when they did, I think they could use them if it’s considered a cheap option.

P.S. If anyone wants to compile and compare MMRR and Zootopia ride beats it may be helpful. Off the top of my head, the characters pulling up in a car to right of to you.
I put together a pretty rough side-by-side of a pair of POV's that gives a basic idea. There are certainly some common gags, though Zootopia's pacing is quite a bit zippier than Mickey and Minnie.

I'd be fine (happy, even) with Zootopia remaining on the other side of the Pacific, but Hollywood Studios could really use another E-Ticket and I can't think of another obvious option based on what is/was recently in the pipeline.

I will say that I don't think most guests realize Mickey and Minnie/Rise of the Resistance use the same ride system. So, I can't imagine many more will pick up on Zootopia returning to that well.
I will say as someone who rode both those rides on the same day, I would not have ever guessed they were the same system. The storyline and how they move were different, plus the pre-shows in Rise are absolutely amazing. I don't think it is coming to DHS, but at the same point I don't think the same system should stop it.

Whhyyyy???? Just bring back the "Wonders of Life" Pavilion at EPCOT!! These characters would fit so much better there. *sigh*
Because it is easy to do a meet and greet and it will be popular. I don't get the complaint.

Because it is easy to do a meet and greet and it will be popular. I don't get the complaint
Have you ever experienced the Wonders of Life Pavilion at Epcot? More specifically- "Cranium Command"? Inside Out was pretty much the Pixar version of that attraction.

They can do the meet-n-greet at EPCOT (see above). That area at DHS is basically Toy Story Headquarters, not "Pixar Land"..

Have you ever experienced the Wonders of Life Pavilion at Epcot? More specifically- "Cranium Command"? Inside Out was pretty much the Pixar version of that attraction.

They can do the meet-n-greet at EPCOT (see above). That area at DHS is basically Toy Story Headquarters, not "Pixar Land"..
I probably did as a child, but have no memory of it. What I am saying is a meet and greet is easy and popular. It doesn't mean they can't do more with this IP later, it just means that they are giving fans what they want and promoting the movies. I imagine they picked DHS as that is where they had room to do a M&G. I mean they did Olaf meet and greets in DHS before the Frozen attractions that was very popular and now Frozen is in two parks. They can have IPs in more than one parks and M&G can be anywhere.