Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 105 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Meanwhile the stupid Star Wars Launch Bay remains as basically just an advertisement?

I'm sure that'll be out once Star Wars Land opens. But in the meantime, they actually need it for as much as they use Star Wars in their advertising currently.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Cool idea for a Mickey Mouse ride based on an old concept thought up for Disneyland in the early eighties: UPDATE - Is the Mickey Mouse Great Movie Ride Refurb Based on This Abandoned Disney Concept? | The Kingdom Insider

Ride load and start already really looks like the Great Movie Ride already.
IMG_8023.JPG

I've always imagined any ride featuring Mickey and having anything to do with movies must contain Steamboat Willie:
IMG_8024.JPG

Don't think they'd be bold enough to do this, but between Sweet Spells, Fantasmic, Villians parties and more, DHS kinda loves the villains, so this scene would be a perfect fit:
IMG_8025.JPG

If no idea at Disney ever really dies, I guess it's possible some of these concepts might make it into a new attraction. Regardless, it's a fun concept worth looking at.

Cool idea for a Mickey Mouse ride based on an old concept thought up for Disneyland in the early eighties: UPDATE - Is the Mickey Mouse Great Movie Ride Refurb Based on This Abandoned Disney Concept? | The Kingdom Insider

Ride load and start already really looks like the Great Movie Ride already.
View attachment 4818

I've always imagined any ride featuring Mickey and having anything to do with movies must contain Steamboat Willie:
View attachment 4819

Don't think they'd be bold enough to do this, but between Sweet Spells, Fantasmic, Villians parties and more, DHS kinda loves the villains, so this scene would be a perfect fit:
View attachment 4820

If no idea at Disney ever really dies, I guess it's possible some of these concepts might make it into a new attraction. Regardless, it's a fun concept worth looking at.

Some cool designs, but I have real doubts that the Mickey ride is going to be anywhere near that gloriously elaborate.

I would think Disney would change the name before so no mass confusion occurs after it opens.
I meant, it could be changed to coincide with the opening.

The new name is meant to go along with a new theme of experiencing immersive worlds, rather than seeing behind the scenes. The park just isn't ready to be called something new until it is something new... if that makes any sense.

I meant, it could be changed to coincide with the opening.

The new name is meant to go along with a new theme of experiencing immersive worlds, rather than seeing behind the scenes. The park just isn't ready to be called something new until it is something new... if that makes any sense.

Gotcha. But, TSL will be open by then, so maybe they can use the new name to coincide.

Reactions: Alicia
Gotcha. But, TSL will be open by then, so maybe they can use the new name to coincide.
Could be. I honestly cannot predict what Disney is thinking right now. So many burners and backburners it's hard to keep track. They may announce it with a big spectacle or just print it in the middle of a paragraph about something totally unrelated like the new Pirates changes. No telling anymore. :shrug:

This park is definitely off our list for this year now, we were going to do 1 day park hopper with AK in the fall but as much as I love Tower of Terror it's just not worth the extra money.

Even at the slow time of the year the queues for the remaining 4 rides just won't make it enjoyable. I understand what Dis are trying to do with that park long term but if they continue to stand by full price I shall not be going...(I.e. Looks like I won't be going this trip)

This park is definitely off our list for this year now, we were going to do 1 day park hopper with AK in the fall but as much as I love Tower of Terror it's just not worth the extra money.

Even at the slow time of the year the queues for the remaining 4 rides just won't make it enjoyable. I understand what Dis are trying to do with that park long term but if they continue to stand by full price I shall not be going...(I.e. Looks like I won't be going this trip)
I think you're overstating how large the queues will be (as I think the park will simply be dead), but at the same time I totally agree and even recommend skipping DHS until SWL opens.

The reason I say I don't think the lines will be too bad is because the park only has 5 rides and the lines are pretty low most of the time (outside of RNRC), but even then a FP+ can be made for every ride in the park a day or so in advance.