Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

The DHS equivalent of improving the main drag a la Buena Vista Street.........REMOVE THE FREAKING HAT!

I'll chop it down if that would get the job done. :saw:

Still no word of the type or scope of the DHS project, but I heard that Kathy Magnum personally went to Iger and asked for $1 Billion. $750 Million going to DHS. The rest to be spread around the resort for various upgrades. I am also hearing that she was not impressed with how TDO has been spending their money, ie: Executive bonuses.

I don't think the money has been approved yet though.

Last edited:
Still no word of the type or scope of the DHS project, but I heard that Kathy Magnum personally went to Iger and asked for $1 Billion. $750 Million going to DHS. The rest to be spread around the resort for various upgrades. I am also hearing that she was not impressed with how TDO has been spending their money, ie: Executive bonuses.

I don't think the money has been approved yet though.

If that money is true, it would about do what is needed. 350 mill for Racers or an equivalent attraction, 100 mill for the Monsters Coaster, 50 mill for a flat ride package, 50 mill for restaurants, 75-100 for a replacement for AIE/Sounds Dangerous building, and the rest goes to theming/ride upgrades.

With the 250 mill, it goes to EPCOT. 100 to completely redo the Imagination Pavilion, 25 to redo Universe of Energy, 25 for aesthetic help, and 100 for something big in WS.

Various upgrades makes me think the Jungle Cruise expansion. Could upgrades also be a yeti fix or at least some kind of temporary fix. With this Disney recreation that seems to be going on, disco yeti had to be brought up at some point.

Various upgrades makes me think the Jungle Cruise expansion. Could upgrades also be a yeti fix or at least some kind of temporary fix. With this Disney recreation that seems to be going on, disco yeti had to be brought up at some point.

If the JC refurb has moved forward it's most likely already gotten it's money, so I doubt that's included here.

And the yeti won't be fixed until Avatar opens. If ever.

If that money is true, it would about do what is needed. 350 mill for Racers or an equivalent attraction, 100 mill for the Monsters Coaster, 50 mill for a flat ride package, 50 mill for restaurants, 75-100 for a replacement for AIE/Sounds Dangerous building, and the rest goes to theming/ride upgrades.

With the 250 mill, it goes to EPCOT. 100 to completely redo the Imagination Pavilion, 25 to redo Universe of Energy, 25 for aesthetic help, and 100 for something big in WS.

Add a new fleet of monorails to that list, and I'll be perfectly happy with what they've done.

I am hearing TDO knows the monorails need addressed and that they also know they don't have the money for a new fleet so they are pricing total refurbs to the existing trains with new motors, drive trains and interiors. They would do this one train at a time over a 6 year period. But as of right now they are just thinking about this approach.

I am hearing TDO knows the monorails need addressed and that they also know they don't have the money for a new fleet so they are pricing total refurbs to the existing trains with new motors, drive trains and interiors. They would do this one train at a time over a 6 year period. But as of right now they are just thinking about this approach.

Personally, I'm fine with that. As long as the trains work and are cleaned up a bit.

"Like-new" clean late model monorail trains. That fits well with the High milage late model night time parade they are dragging down main street.

Seriously though, if they are clean and reliable I'm on board, literally. Haha.

I'd have no problem with them cleaning up the current fleet either. The design still works. Just improve the infrastructure.

The more I hear about this, the more hope I have. I really hope this doesn't all go to Hell, though. It would be the final straw for me, personally.

If this is true, then count me in with the people refreshed to see a change in Disney. With this, FLE, Jungle Cruise's major refurb, and AVATAR, I have high hopes for the future of WDW. I don't care for Potter, but maybe a kick in the butt from the boy wizard is what the mouse needed!

With all this awesome news, I hope Epcot is not forgotten. New country(Australia/Brazil)? Wonders of Life? Imagination/UoE refurbs?

EPCOT's probably only going to get Future World changes, if anything. They don't want to add to WS without a country's backing.
I guess something's better than nothing. I hope these Future World improvements have major plans for Wonders of Life. What a waste!

Back to topic, even though more Pixar additions make sense, and I'd still be thrilled to see them, I think a Star Wars land would be unbelievably awesome. If there were a fanbase than could challenge Potter's, it would be Star Wars.

Not to mention, what could they possibly do with a Star Wars land as far as a ride? They already have a 3D sim, to me the best would be a riding roller coaster similar to Knotts Berry Farms Pony Express and you're riding a speeder through the forest of Endor.

This is the ride vehicle for that:
12877d1269960791-neuer-coaster-im-toverland-2010-300557094_qvk58-m.jpg

If I were a betting man; too much money, Lucas control, or a combo.

I can't see Lucas requiring any more control than Cameron. I think it's Disney being stupid.

Not to mention, what could they possibly do with a Star Wars land as far as a ride? They already have a 3D sim, to me the best would be a riding roller coaster similar to Knotts Berry Farms Pony Express and you're riding a speeder through the forest of Endor.

This is the ride vehicle for that:
12877d1269960791-neuer-coaster-im-toverland-2010-300557094_qvk58-m.jpg

Star Wars is HUGE. You can come up with anything for a ride. I mean, who thought we'd be riding an enchanted bench for Potter?:lol:

Star Wars is HUGE. You can come up with anything for a ride. I mean, who thought we'd be riding an enchanted bench for Potter?:lol:

My comment was meant more as a snide remark, not really a question :lol:

I know its huge, it was more like "you know what they could do? They could do this" :thumbs: