Dollywood! | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Dollywood!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I got too busy at work to go in September so I went Dec. 5 to 14. Stayed in Gatlinburg for a few days then at HeartSong for a few days.

I sure missed riding Lighting Rod - seeing it looming over that side of the park was a constant reminder I was missing it. But the have some really nice coasters. And a lot of shows. So beautiful at Christmas. I had a great time.

I made a trip down for the Fall Festival in mid-October this year and was able to ride Lightning Rod with the launch. It was fun but I do think that a high-speed lift will work just as well.

I liked Dollywood (and that entire area) so much I'm heading back. Planning to catch the last few days of the Fall Festival Oct 23 to 26, staying at DreamMore/. Then the first few days of Smoky Mountain Christmas Nov 2 to 5, staying again at DreamMore.

I liked Dollywood (and that entire area) so much I'm heading back. Planning to catch the last few days of the Fall Festival Oct 23 to 26, staying at DreamMore/. Then the first few days of Smoky Mountain Christmas Nov 2 to 5, staying again at DreamMore.
We go every year in March and this year I am looking to add a Thanksgiving trip potentially.

We love Dollywood which is crazy since we live in Orlando but the park is so different and has things my kids can't do locally like all the flat rides.

Sorry for double post, but the other post was awhile ago. Dizzy Disk was removed in the offseason for those that go to this park. Replaced with tables from what I can see in pictures. I will be there the week of the 16th so will check it out myself. But sad they lost an attraction with no replacement.

• Sad
Reactions: Wesker69
Dollywood was a fun park, the one & only time I got to go (yay multiday-long field trip... when going to school in FL lol). It's been several hundred years, if I remember correctly, the "NEW" ride was Daredevil Falls.

Me & a few of my friends were in love & addicted to the "Blazing Fury" indoor hybrid dark ride/coaster. We rode that thing over & over. We kept switching rows/seats every ride. This was still when it had the water splash! It was so surprising & unexpected.

The only other thing I remember from that park visit was the one big live stage show. Can't remember if it was 50s themed or different music genres in general.

Dollywood was a fun park, the one & only time I got to go (yay multiday-long field trip... when going to school in FL lol). It's been several hundred years, if I remember correctly, the "NEW" ride was Daredevil Falls.

Me & a few of my friends were in love & addicted to the "Blazing Fury" indoor hybrid dark ride/coaster. We rode that thing over & over. We kept switching rows/seats every ride. This was still when it had the water splash! It was so surprising & unexpected.

The only other thing I remember from that park visit was the one big live stage show. Can't remember if it was 50s themed or different music genres in general.
We love it, some great coasters and rides. We go every Spring Break from Florida to there. So we go the opposite direction as most people. But I planned it one spring break because my husband wanted something "different", well I was going to show him different. Less than a day into the trip the kids asked to come back the next year and it has been a tradition ever since.

Reactions: Wesker69