DreamWorks Land (Opening June 14, 2024) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

DreamWorks Land (Opening June 14, 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder how long it will take to push E.T from this zone, Our RIP tour guide was telling us Steven Spielberg has a tight grip on the rights to that ride and that if they ever closed it, he would no longer work with universal. It doesn't make sense in that zone, so I give it till mid 2025 before they close it and re-theme it towards dreamworks.

Reactions: wizwit
I wonder how long it will take to push E.T from this zone, Our RIP tour guide was telling us Steven Spielberg has a tight grip on the rights to that ride and that if they ever closed it, he would no longer work with universal. It doesn't make sense in that zone, so I give it till mid 2025 before they close it and re-theme it towards dreamworks.
I’d guess they’d just move the entrance to the new land back making that area more of a courtyard. Offshoots for AA, ET, and Dreamworks.

ET is not going to close, and it’s not going to be part of the new KidZone Dreamworks. Just next to it

It's been speculated for a while that they might just relocate the entrance outside of the (now) DreamWorks area. The current entrance is pretty lame anyway; I'd love to see one that's as well-themed as the interior queue. I've always thought it would fit the setting of the movie to have the entrance snake between the NBC Media Center and Café La Bamba; you could pass it off as part of the neighborhood that the family lives in, and have guests proceed through that plastic tunnel into the house (rethemed from the current unthemed first indoor section).

Hate to be that guy speculating about an even further out expansion but… if the concept art is confirmation that Shrek will be the first area when entering followed by Trolls then Panda, does that mean the rumored “dark ride expansion” that in the back of the land would be a Panda ride? Again, not sure how committed they are to keeping each area coherent, and not even sure about the layout of the area or possible expansion pads.

Reactions: EnigmaticGear
It took 84 years but finally Kid Zone is getting a replacement. Count me in for a Po’s noodle bar and Donkey’s waffle shop! I hate Trolls and that annoying song. Disappointed that it doesn’t seem like Shrek is getting more than a meet and greet and play area. It would’ve been nice to have a Shrek swamp water ride. Kungfu Panda is one of my favorites so I hope they do something more than a carousel.

Will they at least fix ET up, if they’re not going to put it out if it’s misery? It would’ve been cool if in Epic Universe they developed a land based on Spielberg properties and turned ET at studios to a Shrek dark ride and build from scratch a new ET ride at Epic Universe.

Super excited to see what they do, but as someone who is just back from a 2 week vacation at universal resort with a 2.5 year old, I hope they don't just fill the kids zone with rides and experiences. They need a covered open play area (like the ball pit, it was dated but for anyone with kids it was a welcomed break to just let the them run wild whilst the adults got a break from the sun).

Hate to be that guy speculating about an even further out expansion but… if the concept art is confirmation that Shrek will be the first area when entering followed by Trolls then Panda, does that mean the rumored “dark ride expansion” that in the back of the land would be a Panda ride? Again, not sure how committed they are to keeping each area coherent, and not even sure about the layout of the area or possible expansion pads.
I think earlier rumors were a Trolls dark ride using the SLOP ride system was going to be the phase 2 expansion. It sounds like they may have went back to the drawing board though to maybe do a larger scale ride to better take advantage of the plot of land this hypothetical dark ride would extend to?

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
It took 84 years but finally Kid Zone is getting a replacement. Count me in for a Po’s noodle bar and Donkey’s waffle shop! I hate Trolls and that annoying song. Disappointed that it doesn’t seem like Shrek is getting more than a meet and greet and play area. It would’ve been nice to have a Shrek swamp water ride. Kungfu Panda is one of my favorites so I hope they do something more than a carousel.

Will they at least fix ET up, if they’re not going to put it out if it’s misery? It would’ve been cool if in Epic Universe they developed a land based on Spielberg properties and turned ET at studios to a Shrek dark ride and build from scratch a new ET ride at Epic Universe.
A few IU posters, during the past couple of weeks, have said that ET has had some nice refurbs and updates during the past couple of months. Sounds like a good trend.

Universal not forcing you into a gift shop after exiting a ride? Is that even legal
legal-star.gif

• Haha
Reactions: EnigmaticGear