DreamWorks Land (Opening June 14, 2024) | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

DreamWorks Land (Opening June 14, 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Depends on their height, but we went when my oldest was not even 3 and we did find some things for her to do, but that was before Disaster was removed. But there is playground in Jurassic park, kudos and kang, one fish/two fish, the suess carousal, the spinner ride in the super hero section. Not sure how tall your child is, but at 34" ET is available and at 36" additional stuff opens.

I do agree Universal is hard on families with multi-age families. I know it has always been a struggle with my family since my oldest has always loved thrills (wanted to ride Hulk at 2.5 yo) and her being the oldest which means she has shorter siblings. So oldest loves going but then what do you do with the younger ones? We did Sea World & Busch Gardens a lot because there was more to do with the younger kids. Personally the new owners of Sea World do a lot of good for animals so I don't mind going there. It was a good stop gap the last 4 years when I had thrill seekers and toddlers.
I have a young & small 12 (he’s petrified of roller coasters), an average 8 starting to be a little more adventurous (but he has some sensory difficulties so can be unpredictable about what is a yay/nay), a crazy 6 year old who said he wants to go Hagrids today (when I can’t get the other two on ) and a very small 3 who is the only girl. The boys don’t care much for Disney other than Star Wars land, so Universal would be for them, but even so there’s not much in the way of mellow. I think there’s enough for them to enjoy, but my 3 year old is going to struggle. If Dreamworks land is open then at least there’s some bits so she isn’t sat in a stroller all day :(. Oh and ET closes May :(
I was quite shocked when we took one of the boys young that even I of A’s ‘kids bit’ was too intense for him!
My sister was watching some vlogs with me today and at the same time we said ‘why is there no SpongeBob dark ride?!’ Something similar to The Little Mermaids omnimover? SpongeBob’s driving school? Swing by the Kristy Krab? Kids would love it and no height restriction. Bubbles, lights, scents of the sea, a nice gentle ride……a people eater! . Surely he’s stood the test of time now

When Epic opens I think the balance will be better…saying that, I read earlier that all of Nintendo will have height restrictions? Hoping the average 5-6 year old can fit on some as mine were mad for it from that age!

I have a young & small 12 (he’s petrified of roller coasters), an average 8 starting to be a little more adventurous (but he has some sensory difficulties so can be unpredictable about what is a yay/nay), a crazy 6 year old who said he wants to go Hagrids today (when I can’t get the other two on ) and a very small 3 who is the only girl. The boys don’t care much for Disney other than Star Wars land, so Universal would be for them, but even so there’s not much in the way of mellow. I think there’s enough for them to enjoy, but my 3 year old is going to struggle. If Dreamworks land is open then at least there’s some bits so she isn’t sat in a stroller all day :(. Oh and ET closes May :(
I was quite shocked when we took one of the boys young that even I of A’s ‘kids bit’ was too intense for him!
My sister was watching some vlogs with me today and at the same time we said ‘why is there no SpongeBob dark ride?!’ Something similar to The Little Mermaids omnimover? SpongeBob’s driving school? Swing by the Kristy Krab? Kids would love it and no height restriction. Bubbles, lights, scents of the sea, a nice gentle ride……a people eater! . Surely he’s stood the test of time now

When Epic opens I think the balance will be better…saying that, I read earlier that all of Nintendo will have height restrictions? Hoping the average 5-6 year old can fit on some as mine were mad for it from that age!

ET only closes for a week in May - so hopefully, it's not the same week as your visit.

I imagine Yoshi has no height restrictions. I agree they need more no height restrictions. You do have shows there are 3 in studios that the whole family can enjoy. And JP playground my kids can spend hours in (and have). I have to admit my kids were always on the tall side. My son was 35" before turning 2 and when he was 3.5 was 40" and so riding all the 40" stuff. He is 6 and now 48" so again tall for his age.

I get what you are saying. Universal will never be for toddlers, but it is the multi-age families it needs to get better at. Epic looks way more balanced in my opinion so I do think Comcast understands this more than past owners. But hard to re-vamp existing parks. I feel Studios the shows is where it is for multi-age and IOA has the great playground, suess, and spinner ride.

I imagine Yoshi has no height restrictions. I agree they need more no height restrictions. You do have shows there are 3 in studios that the whole family can enjoy. And JP playground my kids can spend hours in (and have). I have to admit my kids were always on the tall side. My son was 35" before turning 2 and when he was 3.5 was 40" and so riding all the 40" stuff. He is 6 and now 48" so again tall for his age.

I get what you are saying. Universal will never be for toddlers, but it is the multi-age families it needs to get better at. Epic looks way more balanced in my opinion so I do think Comcast understands this more than past owners. But hard to re-vamp existing parks. I feel Studios the shows is where it is for multi-age and IOA has the great playground, suess, and spinner ride.
Yoshi is 36” minimum height requirement, as it has restraints like Seuss Trolley (to keep riders from getting out so high up).

Yoshi is 36” minimum height requirement, as it has restraints like Seuss Trolley (to keep riders from getting out so high up).
OK, I take that back. That is dumb, did they not learn anything from Seuss? We always laughed by the time my kids were tall enough to ride the trolley they didn't want to ride it because they could then ride roller coasters :lmao:

Didn't even kno Kids Resort had a whole SpongeBob land, but considering the IP has over a dozen theme park attractions already, including one in a mall, I'd rather keep it away from UNI's flagship resort. Technically Sneetches is a powered coaster, which means UOR will have 14 "coasters" in operation come 2025. Wonder what the 15th will be ? Grinch Mt. Crumpit???

I know, Yoshi being cute and cuddly appeals to younger kids even if they’ve never picked up a console! I can see a lot of upset little ones when they are told they are too short to ride. In the U.K. we have some places with ‘minimum without an adult’ but as long as an adult is sat with them, things like this would be no height requirement :/

Sheesh. But Disney has tons of no height dark rides, is it because it is up high? I mean so is people mover and Dumbo though.

It's just a matter of different mindsets. Universal aims for complete containment while trying to be as accommodating for body sizes. Disney does not.

Pros & Cons to both; Universal gets criticized for the restrictions, whereas Disney gets people forcing themselves out of the vehicle.

Legal-wise - I'd take the containment. haha

It's just a matter of different mindsets. Universal aims for complete containment while trying to be as accommodating for body sizes. Disney does not.

Pros & Cons to both; Universal gets criticized for the restrictions, whereas Disney gets people forcing themselves out of the vehicle.

Legal-wise - I'd take the containment. haha
True, lawyers probably prefer Universal way.

Just seen a post on X/Twitter from Universal saying the opening date for Dreamworks Land will be announced in the ‘MONTHS ahead.’ Really? Months???

Sheesh. But Disney has tons of no height dark rides, is it because it is up high? I mean so is people mover and Dumbo though.
Not that it makes up for it but I think PeopleMover has more walkable path on sides of vehicle than Universal rides. You get out on PeopleMover you’re fine. You get out on most of Seuss Trolley you fall 40 feet.

Just seen a post on X/Twitter from Universal saying the opening date for Dreamworks Land will be announced in the ‘MONTHS ahead.’ Really? Months???
Being pedantic it could be as early as July for "months." Maybe they're working on the finalizing schedule between EU announcements, the preview center, this, and the other things coming up soon. There's a lot to coordinate within the parks, media, etc.

Reactions: Nico