DreamWorks Land (Opening June 14, 2024) | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

DreamWorks Land (Opening June 14, 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The hippogriff normally has a 30-50 min wait with at least two trains. Without a second one the lines for the Trolls coaster will be around 40+ mins every day like the Gasget Coaster at Disneyland (with only one coaster)

The hippogriff normally has a 30-50 min wait with at least two trains. Without a second one the lines for the Trolls coaster will be around 40+ mins every day like the Gasget Coaster at Disneyland (with only one coaster)
If it’s a popular IP (like HP) running at half the capacity, wouldn’t it be 60-100 minutes mathematically?

Man, if this has an average wait time the length of Velocicoaster, I will laugh!

If it’s a popular IP (like HP) running at half the capacity, wouldn’t it be 60-100 minutes mathematically?

Man, if this has an average wait time the length of Velocicoaster, I will laugh!
The point is, when these small coasters only have one train they are really insane wait times. The parks need to upgrade stations to handle at least two cars

The point is, when these small coasters only have one train they are really insane wait times. The parks need to upgrade stations to handle at least two cars
I ABSOLUTELY agree and have said that many times, I just wanted to clarify that it should DOUBLE the wait time making it even more necessary that it have two trains.

I have to assume the Trolls IP will draw more people than Woody Woodpecker does, plus it seems like they MIGHT be overhauling it a bit to make it look nicer (like the changeover from The Flying Unicorn to Flight of the Hippogriff) so that will make it SEEM like more of a big deal as a ride.

My question also becomes, IF they do in fact extend the track to allow for two trains, are there new trains that could be added with onboard audio? Music is so intrinsic to the Trolls IP that I feel that has to be well represented.

I realize they could also hide speakers in theming, but onboard audio with trains that fit adults and kids easily would be a major win!

I think people are smart enough to know that it's not really a brand new attraction. Goofy's Sky School didn't see longer waits. Given what will be on offer, I don't think the wait times here are going to conform to what would typically happen with a "new land" or "new ride". And given what the ride is, it will be on equal footing with the other new play areas and experiences in the land.

Reactions: Nico
Hot take. I want the ride to have long lines. For now. What’s a better incentive to adding to a land (that everyone wants more of)?
Is it about how long line is or how many people ride it?

I don't know what Universal considers a success or not

I think people are smart enough to know that it's not really a brand new attraction. Goofy's Sky School didn't see longer waits. Given what will be on offer, I don't think the wait times here are going to conform to what would typically happen with a "new land" or "new ride". And given what the ride is, it will be on equal footing with the other new play areas and experiences in the land.
I mean depends on what you Consider a long line, Gooft's Sky School is always around 40+ min waits most the time.....I think that is an insane amount of time to wait for that coaster

I mean depends on what you Consider a long line, Gooft's Sky School is always around 40+ min waits most the time.....I think that is an insane amount of time to wait for that coaster
Yeah it's always been like that because it's capacity is terrible, even when it was Mulholland Madness.

I'm saying I don't think Trollercoaster is going to be posting 90 minute waits or anything like that. Maybe for a few days.

Reactions: JungleSkip
I don't want to use the word problem but would it be better for guests to have two trains? 100 Percent

Unless this land brings in tons more in attendance I doubt the demand for this coaster would skyrocket all because a thematic change. This is more like icing on the cake for those who are already coming to the park. I don't see anyone running to make vacation plans for a refresh. Is the minion ride experience a huge uptick in ridership since villian con opened? I am willing to bet no. Trollercoaster ridership will probably stay the same and be ridden by the same who were riding it before lol.

There was a photo posted earlier, but the "Okeechobee Rampage" coaster at Cypress gardens was extended and a second train added when Legoland took it over as "Dragon". It's a vekoma just like nuthosue coaster. Oh, and the extension they added was indoors and that section like a dark ride...

Reactions: SpatulaShack
There was a photo posted earlier, but the "Okeechobee Rampage" coaster at Cypress gardens was extended and a second train added when Legoland took it over as "Dragon". It's a vekoma just like nuthosue coaster. Oh, and the extension they added was indoors and that section like a dark ride...
Not happening. Merlin did that to save money, versus buying a Zierer Force 5 like a lot of other Legoland parks. That made it a major ride for Legoland Floria, maybe the best besides a recycled Wild Mouse that came from the UK... not the same kind of situation at all.

It’ll be busy the first few weeks it opens cause guests who never rode Woody will ride this because it’s “new” then it’ll be normal post HHN I imagine. The meet n greets will be the draw here. Hopefully there’s food too.